Zookeeper is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 2 to play, and has 2/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability gives all pet zombies +1 every time a pet card is played. This ability stacks with each Zookeeper on the field, and persists until all Zookeepers are removed from the field. His closest plant counterpart is Go-Nuts.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Ability: When you play a Pet, all Pets get +1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
When using this zombie, boost his health as much as you can, as he can survive longer, then play as many pets as you can. Zookeeper will increase the strength for all pet zombies, causing absolute destruction to the enemies. Occasionally, you may get Zookeeper as a hero that is not in the Beastly class. In that case, he is less effective since the only pet zombies in classes other than Beastly are:
There are also many tricks and superpowers that are pet-based, such as Locust Swarm and Dolphinado. Use these to the advantage during the trick phase. You can also activate his ability early on by spamming cheap pet zombies such as Skunk Punk or Dog Walker. Cat Lady and him also make a good combo, guaranteeing at least 4 damage that turn. Playing a Fishy Imp or Dolphin Rider can also be good because Amphibious zombies are hard to counter. With his ability and their high base strength, they can be good sources of power for the early-to-mid-game.
His ability is really dangerous, so you have to try to destroy it quickly. Due to him having just 2 health, you can destroy this zombie pretty easily. If he is played on the second turn, he cannot be boosted, so you can attack him without having to be aware of him and other pet zombies receiving +1. If his stats get too much for you to handle, you could play an instant-kill trick to destroy him.
- His card description may be a reference to the famous Konami franchise "Metal Gear Solid," where if the player gets a game over, the player can hear the catchphrase "Snaaaaake!"
- His description might also reference the fact that he has a snake as his pet.
- Zookeeper has the shortest description in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, only having 10 characters.
- During his idle animation, if the player listens closely, they can hear him occasionally say "Right."