Zombot Sharktronic Sub is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 6 to play, and has 5/5. It has the Amphibious trait, and its abilities destroy a plant instantly after that plant takes damage in any way, and give it +1 every time a plant is destroyed.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Science Pet Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: When a Plant gets hurt, destroy it. When any Plant is destroyed, this gets +1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Ever dream of piloting a giant shark robot? Join Dr. Zomboss now!
- ▼ Ability change: This gets +1/+1 when a Plant is destroyed. → This gets +1 when a Plant is destroyed.
Zombot Sharktronic Sub is a very powerful zombie, but only with enough zombie support. Therefore, it is best to have a zombie on every lane that can do damage so that Zombot Sharktronic Sub can clear them out.
Arguably, the best lane to play this zombie is on an aquatic lane, so that you can take advantage of its Amphibious trait, not to mention that most instant-kill threats like Lawnmower cannot affect it there. However, keep in mind that your opponent can still Bounce this zombie to make its stat boosts go to waste.
Every Sneaky hero has their own strategies with Zombot Sharktronic Sub:
- Neptuna can increase its survivability with Medic or other heath-boosting cards like Healthy Treat.
- Brain Freeze is able to synergize it with pet zombies, as Zombot Sharktronic Sub is part of the pet tribe.
- Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can use it in tandem with science zombies due to it being part of the science tribe, especially Gadget Scientist, who can boost Zombot Sharktronic Sub and possibly wipe the whole field as well, leading to an easy victory.
- Impfinity probably synergizes best with it as he has access to many damaging tricks and zombies, most of which are only available in the Crazy class, the most dangerous examples being The Chickening, Barrel of Deadbeards, and Fireworks Zombie, as they can clear the whole field under normal circumstances.
Additionally, zombies with the Strikethrough trait, such as Hot Dog Imp, Line Dancing Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker can hurt and destroy both plants at once (if there are two on said lane), and even hit your opponent behind.
This zombie can be very powerful, as it can destroy any plant on the field and heavily damage you. In addition, it somewhat essentially gives every damaging zombie and trick the Deadly trait due to its ability mechanics.
One way to counter it is to prevent your plants from taking damage, such as protecting them with Peel Shield or Root Wall, moving plants or zombies so that your plants don't get hurt, or simply destroying all other zombies for Zombot Sharktronic Sub to be able to wreak less havoc. However, beware of zombies whose ability can target other lanes.
Since Zombot Sharktronic Sub does not gain a health boost when a plant is destroyed, you can use this to your advantage and fight it directly in combat. While any plant that can do a total of 5 damage or more like Carrotillery should do, there are certain plants that can deal with it more effectively, one of them being Whipvine, as it can move Zombot Sharktronic Sub out of the aquatic lane. If you have a Briar Rose in play, you can play a weak flower on the lane with Zombot Sharktronic Sub to wreck it easily. However, your opponent may just play a damaging trick or a zombie with a damaging ability to destroy your plant before it gets a chance to do anything.
As a last resort, you should destroy it with instant-kill or damaging cards like Squash or Berry Blast. Shamrocket also deals with it easily. If those are not options, you can stall it by either bouncing or freezing it, not to mention that you can activate Winter Squash's ability if you do the latter.
Do not use Galacta-Cactus when this zombie is on the field unless your plants are either Armored or shielded, as if your opponent destroys Galacta-Cactus, it will damage all your plants, and since its ability activates when your plants get hurt, it will instantly clear the field of plants and gain a major boost.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombot Sharktronic Sub (PvZH).
- If the player looks closely, they can see that the zombie controlling the machine is an Imp, not Dr. Zomboss, who is clearly mentioned in its description. However, it is not in the Imp tribe.
- This is shared with Zombot Plank Walker.
- It, Zombot Plank Walker and Zombot Aerostatic Gondola are the only Zombots from Plants vs. Zombies 2 in this game.
- Coincidentally, all of them are controlled by Imps, are in the Sneaky class and the science tribe, are Legendary cards, and have the Amphibious trait.
- It and Zombot Plank Walker are also both encountered in areas that involve water in Plants vs. Zombies 2, those being Pirate Seas and Big Wave Beach.
- Zombot 1000 does not count due to it being more reminiscent of Dr. Zomboss' Zombot in Plants vs. Zombies.
- It, Octo Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, Surfer Zombie, and Deep Sea Gargantuar are the only Big Wave Beach zombies to be featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Out of all these cards, Zombot Sharktronic Sub is currently the only one not to be in the Beastly class.
- Coincidentally, all of them have the Amphibious trait.
- There is a bug on the game in which it only plays its plant destroying animation when it is played on the player's side. If it is played on the opponent's side, no animation is played, and the plant is immediately destroyed when damaged.
- There is a small issue that its animation may be played twice per destroyed plant. It is easily noticeable if it is used with Fireworks Zombie or The Chickening. This may lead to a timing setback in a multiplayer match.
- If it is destroyed by a plant that survives its attack during the Fight! phase, the plant does not get destroyed.
- When it is destroyed, its teeth fall out. This is a reference to its version in Plants vs. Zombies 2, where the same thing happens when it is defeated.