Zombot Sharktronic Sub is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 6 to play, and has 5/5. It has the Amphibious trait, and its abilities destroy a plant instantly after that plant takes damage in any way, and give it +1 every time a plant is destroyed.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Science Pet Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: When a Plant gets hurt, destroy it. When any Plant is destroyed, this gets +1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Ever dream of piloting a giant shark robot? Join Dr. Zomboss now!
- ▼ Ability change: This gets +1/+1 when a Plant is destroyed. → This gets +1 when a Plant is destroyed.
The player should have an army of zombies that deal damage so the Zombot Sharktronic Sub can clear out almost every lane. It is most optimal to place this in the pool lane, so that minimal plants can attack it, as this does not gain health easily. Keep in mind that the plants can Bounce this zombie making its stat boosts go to waste. However, when used with something that damages all plants such as The Chickening, the Zombot will destroy almost every plant on the lawn and boost itself, essentially acting like Zombot 1000. Using Bungee Plumber is useful as you can instant destroy any plant for just 1 brain and Conga Zombie can also destroy any plant except Armored plants or cannot be hurt plants. With Neptuna, this can be healed or buffed easily with Medic or Camel Crossing. Also, Brain Freeze is able to synergize with pet zombies, as the Zombot Sharktronic Sub is part of the pet tribe while Super Brainz can use it as part of the science tribe. Speaking of the science tribe, a Gadget Scientist and a lawn full of science zombies is very devastating, boosting the Sharktronic Sub and destroying nearly the whole lawn, leading to an easy victory. Overall, this card probably synergizes best with Impfinity, because he has a lot of damaging tricks and zombies, being a member of the Crazy class. Zombot Sharktronic Sub can also be used with Barrel of Deadbeards, Fireworks Zombie, or Zombot 1000, as they can damage every plant on the field in one go when destroyed or played respectively.
Furthermore, this card is a great way to deal with cards that are either super destructive or hard to kill, such as legendaries like Soul Patch(if a zombie is in an empty lane, and there's a soul patch, it need only hurt the soul patch to destroy it) or Doubled Mint, or high-health cards such as Hibernating Beary or Wall-Nut. Additionally, zombies with the Strikethrough ability, such as Hot Dog Imp, Line Dancing Zombie, and Zombot Plank Walker, can hurt(and destroy) TWO plants at once, and even hit the hero(or destroy a Soul Patch)!
This zombie can be very powerful, as it can kill any plant on the lawn and heavily damage the hero. In addition, it essentially makes every zombie have the Deadly trait, along with damaging tricks like Bungee Plumber. The player should use instant-kill cards such as Squash to prevent complete devastation from this card. Additionally, if the Zombot Sharktronic Sub is placed on the ground lane(or moved there by Whipvine), Lawnmower will also defeat this. Doom-Shroom can help, but at the risk of some plants, Guacodile can deal a lot of damage to the this due to its ability, and Whipvine can bring Zombot Sharktronic Sub to itself as both have enough stats to cancel each other out. If this gets out of hand, Bouncing this should be done, but Bouncing this at any point of the match is a decent strategy nonetheless. Citron's Peel Shield can also help prevent the plants from taking any damage to reduce the effectiveness of the Zombot Sharktronic Sub(or Citron's and Grass knuckles's superpower Root Wall can save at least one plant, unless it's destroyed), although it does nothing for instant-kill tricks like Rocket Science. Certain methods, such as Gardening Gloves or Whipvine, can move plants or zombies so that a plant does not get killed, but beware of tricks!
- If the player looks closely, they can see that the zombie controlling the machine is an Imp, not Dr. Zomboss, as mentioned by the description.
- It and Zombot Plank Walker are the only Zombots from Plants vs. Zombies 2 in this game.
- Coincidentally, both are controlled by Imps, both are in the Sneaky class, both are in the Science tribe, both are premium - legendary cards, and both can go in water. They also both are found in areas that involve water in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Zombot 1000 is also a Zombot, but more reminiscent to Dr. Zomboss's Zombot in Plants vs. Zombies.
- This card's first ability acts like the Deadly trait on other zombies. However, this ability also works with damage dealt by tricks. Therefore, the card is a stronger version of Deadly.
- It, Octo Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, and Deep Sea Gargantuar are the only Big Wave Beach zombies to be featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Out of these four, Zombot Sharktronic Sub is the only one not to be in the Beastly class.
- Just like Plants vs. Zombies 2, all of the four have the Amphibious trait.
- It only plays its plant destroying animation when it is played on the player's side. If it is played on the opponent's side, no animation is played, and the plant is immediately destroyed when damaged.
- There is a small issue that the animation will double up to the number of plants killed (if one plant is damaged, the shark will do it's animation two times) This may lead to a timing setback in a mutiplayer match.
- Even if there is an Imp controlling the Zombot Sharktronic Sub, it is not in the Imp tribe, meaning that it does not benefit from Imp Commander and Toxic Waste Imp. This is shared with Zombot Plank Walker.