Zombot Sharktronic Sub is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 6 to play, and has 5/5. Its ability destroys any plant when the plant gets damaged, and gives this zombie +1 when any plant is destroyed. It also has the Amphibious trait.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Science Pet Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Ability: When a Plant gets hurt, destroy it. When any Plant is destroyed, this gets +1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Ever dream of piloting a giant shark robot? Join Dr. Zomboss now!
- ▼ Ability change: "This gets +1/+1 when a Plant is destroyed." → "This gets +1 when a Plant is destroyed."
The player should have an army of zombies that deal damage so the Zombot Sharktronic Sub can clear out almost every lane. It is most optimal to place this in the pool lane, so that minimal plants can attack it, as this does not gain easily. Keep in mind though the plants can bounce this zombie making its stat boosts go to waste. However, when used with something that damages all plants such as The Chickening, the Zombot will destroy almost every plant on the lawn and boost itself, essentially acting like Zombot 1000. Although, only Impfinity, Super Brainz, and Professor Brainstorm have the ability to pull off this combo (though Super Brainz requires a Mad Chemist to get The Chickening and Professor Brainstorm requires Eureka or Portal Technician for the Sharktronic Sub). With Neptuna, this can be health buffed easily with Medic or Camel Crossing.
Zombot Sharktronic Sub can also be used with Barrel of Deadbeards or Fireworks Zombie, as they can damage every plant on the field when destroyed or played respectively. However, only Impfinity or Professor Brainstorm can use these combinations. However, Professor Brainstorm needs Eureka or Portal Technician for the Zombot Sharktronic Sub.
This zombie can be very powerful, as it can kill any plant on the lawn and heavily damage the hero. The player should use instant-kill cards such as Squash to prevent complete devastation from this card. Additionally, if the Zombot Sharktronic Sub is placed on the ground lane (which is commonly not the case), Lawnmower will also defeat this. Doom-Shroom can help, but at the risk of some plants. Guacodile can deal a lot of damage to the this due to its ability. If this gets out of hand, bouncing this should be done. Bouncing this at any point of the match is a decent strategy.
- If someone looks closely, they can see that the zombie controlling the machine is an Imp, not Dr. Zomboss, as mentioned by the description.
- This and the Zombot Plank Walker are the only Zombots from Plants vs. Zombies 2 in this game.
- This card's first ability acts like the Deadly trait on other zombies. However, this ability also works with damage dealt by tricks.
- This, Octo Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, and Deep Sea Gargantuar are the only Big Wave Beach zombies to be featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Out of these four, Zombot Sharktronic Sub is the only one not to be in the Beastly class.
- It only plays its plant destroying animation when it is played on the player's side. If it is played on the opponent's side, no animation is played, and the plant is immediately destroyed when damaged.