Zombot Plank Walker is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 8 to play, and has 6/6. It has the Amphibious and Strikethrough traits, and its ability makes two random pirate zombies, excluding another Zombot Plank Walker, on random lanes, unless all other lanes are already occupied by zombies.
Its description is a reference to its ability to make, or "deploy" pirate zombies.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Pirate Science Zombie
- Traits: Amphibious, Strikethrough
- Ability: When played: Make two other random Pirates in random lanes.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Deploying Pirates here, there and everywhere.
- ▲ Strength change: 5 → 6
- ▲ Health change: 3 → 6
- ▲ Brain cost change: 9 → 8
- ▲ Trait added: Strikethrough
- Ability change: When played: Make 1/1 Swabbies with Amphibious in every lane. All pirates get +2/+2. → When played: Make two other random pirates in random lanes.
- Description change: Was originally Swabbies here, there and everywhere.
This zombie is very dangerous alone since it alone has above average stats and the Strikethrough trait. In addition, it can make two other pirate zombies, five of which are legendary (Barrel of Deadbeards, Shieldcrusher Viking, Interstellar Bounty Hunter, Intergalactic Warlord, and Zombot Aerostatic Gondola). However, while it can make these 5 legendaries, it can also make weaker ones like Swabbie or Imp Commander. It is best to play this on the aquatic lane as it can trouble your opponent and grant it immunity to some powerful plants and instant-kill tricks like Super-Phat Beets or Lawnmower. Otherwise, if you play Zombot Plank Walker in any other lane, it may make one of the two pirates on an aquatic lane, which can be either a Swabbie, an Unthawed Viking, or a Zombot Aerostatic Gondola (as it cannot make another Zombot Plank Walker).
For extra information, here is the list of pirates Zombot Plank Walker can make:
- Quickdraw Con Man
- Barrel of Deadbeards
- Ice Pirate
- Swashbuckler Zombie
- Captain Deadbeard
- Captain Flameface
- Imp Commander
- Space Pirate
- Stealthy Imp
- Barrel Roller Zombie
- Interstellar Bounty Hunter
- Imp-Throwing Gargantuar
- Intergalactic Warlord
- Shieldcrusher Viking
- Zombot Aerostatic Gondola
- Monkey Smuggler
- Unthawed Viking
If you want to wreak even more havoc, use this with either Swashbuckler Zombie as he will boost Zombot Plank Walker every time it attacks due to its Strikethrough trait, or Mixed-Up Gravedigger to reactivate its ability, as well as taking your opponent by surprise as they are unable to know what lane it will emerge out of. Also, while Captain Flameface has no effect on this zombie due to it already having the Strikethrough trait, he can still be used to support the other pirate zombies Zombot Plank Walker makes.
As for synergies with zombies in other classes go, Gadget Scientist can make it do some devastating bonus attacks due to its science tribe, and Unlife of the Party will gain +3/+3 when you play this. However, only Super Brainz and Impfinity can pull this off respectively.
Zombot Plank Walker is really dangerous as it will instantly do huge damage to all plants, including plants with the Team-Up trait, as well as to you. To lower or avoid the damage done, use Water Balloons or Weed Whack to lower Zombot Plank Walker's stats, or Freeze it to buy some time. But for most, try to use instant-kill cards like Squash or Doom-Shroom, which can also help with some pirates made by it as well in case of the latter.
Although most likely, if the two random pirates made is at least a Shieldcrusher Viking, you'll want to destroy that first. Otherwise, you may not block any attacks at all.
Unless you need to stall or it can ensure your victory, do not Bounce this zombie as it can be replayed to make even more pirates, which would increase the likelihood of a Shieldcrusher Viking or Intergalactic Warlord being made.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombot Plank Walker (PvZH).
- The zombie controlling the machine is an Imp Commander.
- However, the Imp Commander on Zombot Plank Walker sounds different from the original.
- It is one of the four Zombots from Plants vs. Zombies 2 which appear in this game, with the others being Zombot Sharktronic Sub, Zombot Aerostatic Gondola, and Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur.
- Coincidentally, they are all legendary zombies and are in the science tribe.
- Even though there is an Imp Commander controlling Zombot Plank Walker, it is not in the Imp tribe, which means it does not benefit from Imp Commander or Toxic Waste Imp. This also goes with Zombot Sharktronic Sub and Zombot Aerostatic Gondola.
- There is also Zombot 1000, which is loosely based on the Zombot in Plants vs. Zombies.
- It has the highest base strength out of any fighter with Strikethrough.
- There was a glitch where Zombot Plank Walker became immortal when Swashbuckler Zombie is on the field, as Swashbuckler Zombie's ability animation played before Zombot Plank Walker could play its destroyed animation.
- However, it could still be destroyed by instant-kill tricks.