- For the ability in the Garden Warfare spin-off series, see Zombot Drone.
- For the zombie operating the drone in the Garden Warfare spin-off series, see Engineer.
Zombot Drone Engineer is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. He costs 2 to play, and has 1/3. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives every science zombie, including him, +1 when one does damage. This ability persists until all Zombot Drone Engineers are removed from the field.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribes: Mustache Science Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When a Science Zombie does damage, that Zombie gets +1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
He's not entirely sure how to fly this thing.
- Trait added: Gravestone
- Set - Rarity change: Premium - Rare → Basic - Common
- Replaced by Wizard Gargantuar on the Professor Brainstorm Ally Pack.
- Tribe order change: Science Mustache → Mustache Science
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
This zombie shines in a deck filled with other science zombies, and is very useful in conjunction with the Gadget Scientist, as he makes all science zombies do a bonus attack, essentially doubling the boost before the combat phase. Good science zombies to use with this are Zombot Sharktronic Sub, Zombot Plank Walker, and Zombot 1000, as they have high base strength, and get stronger with this. Electrician is also good as he can make him do a bonus attack, and activate his strength boost before the "Fight!" phase. In fact, any card that allows bonus attacks works well with this zombie, as he can boost them before combat begins.
Cardboard Robot Zombie is also a valuable card to pair with Zombot Drone Engineer, due to his low brain cost and early synergy for decent damage in the opening rounds, increasing his strength in turn 2.
If you are playing as Super Brainz, avoid using this with Mixed-Up Gravedigger as this will erase his stat boost and the boosts of any other science zombies. You should only do this combination if he is about to be destroyed.
This zombie can easily become a threat, so it is good to destroy him as early as possible. You can use cheap cards like Whack-a-Zombie, Berry Blast and Meteor Strike to easily deal with him. You can also use a Grave Buster in the same turn, since it costs 2 sun. Alternatively, you could Bounce this zombie to prevent him from boosting the strength of science zombies.
- The zombie's appearance and way of attack is based on the first game of the Garden Warfare spin-off series, where Engineers deploy Zombot Drones to attack the plants.
- They also have the design from Garden Warfare, instead of the newer Garden Warfare 2 design, as the Garden Warfare 2 design lacks a mustache.
- In an update, the animation when a zombie is boosted is now faster and it does not activate on himself if he is going to get destroyed on the same turn.
- There is a glitch that, if a science zombie does damage but is defeated in the process and there is a Zombot Drone Engineer on its immediate right, the Zombot Drone Engineer will get the strength boost, rather than the defeated science zombie.
- If this happens, the Zombot Drone Engineer's attack will do damage by its previous strength instead of a boosted one. The animation that plays when he boost himself will also not play.
- However, sometimes when this happens, Zombot Drone Engineer's animation will play with nothing happening.