Zombot Aerostatic Gondola is the boss of Lost City in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that appears on Lost City - Day 32 and possibly Modern Day - Day 34. Occasionally, it will drop sandbags on flame trap tiles to burn a lane specified to it. Occasionally, Lost Pilot Zombies will drop on the lawn and an airplane shadow can be seen passing the lawn, suggesting that it is the one delivering them.
It is based on a gondola, a traditional Venetian flat-bottomed rowing boat. It appears to be steampunk inspired, keeping with the Victorian theme of this world.
Zombot Aerostatic Gondola
Zombot Aerostatic Gondola
The floating fortress from the skies above.
Special: drops zombies and bags o' sand
After repeated failures with variously robotic engines of destruction, Dr. Zomboss decided to go with a kinder, more eco-friendly lighter-than-air-option to sow disaster and discord.
Zombot Aerostatic Gondola randomly performs one of the following actions:
- It will summon zombies depending on the phase:
- First phase:
- Second phase:
- Third phase:
- Dr. Zomboss will drop a sandbag at a flame trap tile to burn all plants and zombies in its lane, which replaces its charge attack.
- Zombot Aerostatic Gondola will call an airplane which drops down Lost Pilot Zombies.
Only use the boulder as your last resort option as it will take out the plants in the progress. Remember that when Zombot Aerostatic Gondola summons the Lost Pilot Zombies, they have a chance of activating the boulder trap. It is especially useful against dense and difficult zombies like Excavator Zombie, Parasol Zombie, Lost Pilot Zombie, and Bug Zombie as their armor and speed make it tough to kill them.
|Zombot Aerostatic Gondola Intro|
- It is the third Zombot in Plants vs. Zombies 2 to be able to fly. The first one is Zombot Tomorrow-tron (without the legs), and the second is Zombot Dark Dragon.
- It is the fifth Zombot to spawn zombies in two lanes at a time, the others being the first four Zombots.
- Sometimes, it would also spawn zombies in three lanes at a time.
- It is the first Zombot that does not have robotic eyes. In fact, it does not have any moving eyes at all.
- When Dr. Zomboss is defeated in the last phase, he is seen trying to get out due to the fact that it is covered by the Zombot's balloon.
- A familiar glitch can occur where Endurian will repeatedly attack the Zombot after it is defeated, and Stallia will slow it down. This also happens in other fights, like with Citron and Zombot Tomorrow-tron, Spikeweed and Zombot Plank Walker, and Phat Beet and Celery Stalker in Modern Day - Day 34.
- It is the third Zombot having Dr. Zomboss dressed according to the world theme, the first two being the Zombot Plank Walker and the Zombot Dark Dragon, and the fourth being the Zombot Multi-Stage Masher.
- However, it is the second Zombot to have him dressed in full costume, with the first being the Zombot Dark Dragon, as the Zombot Plank Walker only has him with an eyepatch and not a full pirate costume.
- Zombot Aerostatic Gondola is the second Zombot not to release Gargantuars, with the first being Zombot Tuskmaster 10,000 BC.
- Its almanac entry references previous Zomboss fights, which typically involved robots.
- These could be the Zombots from the other worlds.
- Though it is still named as "Zombot," this invention seems to be an airship rather than a robot.
- However, it could be considered a robot as it has mechanical parts.
- When Dr. Zomboss calls for Lost Pilot Zombies dropping to the lawn, the shadow created by the plane above has a strong resemblance to the shadow created by Zomboss Dark Dragon's opening animation.
- It is very similar to the airship used in the film The Mummy Returns.
- Since the 3.9.1 update, when Dr. Zomboss calls the airplane, Lost Pilot Zombies appear after the airplane's shadow has been through the lawn. In addition, the sound when the plane enters on the lawn was removed. The sound effect was added back in the 5.3.1 update.
- Also for some reason, it starts up with Zomboss already pulling the lever down.
- This is the first Zomboss battle to alter the music playing. Specifically, the first phase.
- This is the first Zombot battle that shows more of Dr. Zomboss' body, with the second being the Multi-Stage Masher.
- There's a glitch that if you have already battled this boss and you closed the app and opened it again, when you enter the Almanac, you will not find this zombie's data in it. It will only appear after you defeat it again.
- There is a glitch involving the lane clear attack. Sometimes, the Zombot will drop a bag of sand to the left of the proper trap tile, causing nothing to happen. This is caused when an Imp Porter drops his pack within the bag-dropping range, when he is defeated fast enough (usually due to a Red Stinger's Plant Food effect).
- This pack is often destroyed before Zomboss lands the bag of sand on it, but if it isn't, it will be destroyed by the bag.
- Sometimes this glitch would always happen in the Chinese version.