Zombot's Wrath is a premium rare zombie trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability does 3 damage to a selected plant or the plant hero unless there is a zombie on every lane; where in that case, 6 damage is done to the target instead.
The fireball it fires while activating its ability as well as its appearance are both references to the Zombot from the original Plants vs. Zombies. However, it only fires fireballs similarly to Zombot 1000, instead of both fireballs and iceballs, unlike the boss from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Science Gargantuar Trick
- Ability: Do 3 damage. If there is a Zombie in every lane, this does double damage.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
Dr. Zomboss believes that there's no problem that can't be solved by a giant robot.
- ▲ Ability change: "Do 2 damage to a Plant. If there is a Zombie in every lane, this does 6 damage instead" → "Do 3 damage. If there is a Zombie in every lane, this does double damage"
- ▼ Brain cost change: 2 → 3
Normally, Zombot's Wrath is a more expensive and less cost-effective version of Bungee Plumber, or as a more expensive substitute for Electrobolt. Their uses are relatively similar; the player can use it to destroy bothersome plants like Sunflower, or potentially threatening plants like Pea Pod and Doubled Mint, or use it to deliver the killing blow or bait out the plant hero's Super-Block Meter block. Like Electrobolt, it is also useful for destroying strong plants with 3 health such as Sportacus and Guacodile.
Due to being a Gargantuar trick, if you are playing as Z-Mech, it is wise to combine Zombot's Wrath with Gargologist as it becomes much more cost-effective, able to deal 3 damage for 1. This effectively makes Zombot's Wrath a direct upgrade to Bungee Plumber as long as a Gargologist stays on the field. Due to it also being a science trick, Professor Brainstorm can use this to transform Interdimensional Zombie.
The card's secondary effect can potentially make it one of the most powerful straight damage option in the entire game, but it is balanced by the sheer difficulty of fielding and maintaining zombies on every lane. This is not helped by the fact that the Crazy class lacks Amphibious zombies. Only Electric Boogaloo and Impfinity have reliable access to Amphibious zombies, while Professor Brainstorm and Z-Mech have to rely on Imp-Throwing Gargantuar and Gargantuars' Feast, or Eureka in the case of Professor Brainstorm.
Immorticia, Super Brainz, and Huge-Gigantacus can also achieve the secondary effect of Zombot's Wrath somewhat easily, though they still need a Mad Chemist or Triplication to get Zombot's Wrath. Rustbolt, should he be given Zombot's Wrath via Mad Chemist or Triplication, however, has nearly no way of achieving its double damage effect if there is at least one aquatic lane unless he is lucky enough to get an Amphibious zombie via Portal Technician or Triplication, and if necessary, Smoke Bomb via Mad Chemist.
Therefore, it should be assumed that this secondary effect would rarely come into effect, and the player should not try to fully commit to making it work. The player's best bet for the task, however, would be Impfinity; not only does his signature superpower allow for potential Amphibious zombies early on, but he also has abundant supply of cheap Sneaky zombies that could allow him to swarm the battlefield quickly.
Like Bungee Plumber, this card would be used to either remove a plant, weaken a tough plant, or potentially land the finishing blow on the plant hero. Hence, any strategy that is against Bungee Plumber would also apply to Zombot's Wrath. Just ensure that there is at least one open lane for the zombies to prevent the damage output from being doubled.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombot's Wrath.
- It, Maniacal Laugh and Gargantuars' Feast are the only cards to feature Dr. Zomboss.
- Coincidentally, all of them are tricks.
- However, in the case of Maniacal Laugh, he only appears on the screen.
- If one looks at Dr. Zomboss while this trick is being played, he presses a red button and pulls a red lever in order to activate the Zombot's attack.
- It is one of the four Gargantuar tricks, the other 3 being Gargantuars' Feast, Zombot Stomp and Triplication.
- It is the first card that has an ability to do double damage. The second is Binary Stars.