- For other uses, see zombies.
Zombies are reanimated, mindless, decaying corpses with a hunger for human brains. They are the main antagonists of Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time, as the objective of the game is to prevent them from eating the player's brains. Zombies, like their defensive counterparts the plants, are varied in strength as well as speed, and command unique aspects which must be countered appropriately.
A total of 81 zombies appear in the game but if the zombies in the Chinese version are included, the grand total is 107.
List of zombies
- Creeper - Takes 7.5 seconds to move one square
- Stiff - Takes 6.75 seconds to move one square
- Basic - Takes 5 seconds to move one square
- Hungry - Takes 3.75 seconds to move one square
- Speedy - Takes 2.5 seconds to move one square
- Flighty - Takes 0.5 seconds to move one square
- Fragile - Absorbs 0.25 normal damage shots
- Average - Absorbs 10 normal damage shots
- Solid - Absorbs 12-16 normal damage shots
- Protected - Absorbs 19-30 normal damage shots
- Dense - Absorbs 34-50 normal damage shots
- Hardened - Absorbs 62-85 normal damage shots
- Machined - Absorbs 90-125 normal damage shots
- Great - Absorbs 180 normal damage shots
- Undying - Absorbs 925-2700 normal damage shots
|Basic Zombie||Average||10||Basic||The regular zombie.|
|Conehead Zombie||Protected||28 (18 for roadcone, 10 for zombie)||Basic||Wears a roadcone to protect the head.|
|Buckethead Zombie||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic||Wears a bucket to protect the head.|
|Flag Zombie||Average||10||Basic (slightly faster)||Appears during a huge wave of zombies.|
|Imp||Average||10||Hungry||Thrown by Gargantuars to the third column, then proceeds by foot.|
|Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry||Crushes plants with pole, launches Imp when damaged.|
|Vase Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry (should be Stiff)||Crushes plants with pole, launches Imp when damaged.|
|Conehead Mummy||Protected||28 (18 for roadcone, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Buckethead Mummy||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Flag Mummy Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Ra Zombie||Average||10||Hungry||Tries to steal sun.|
|Camel Zombies||Protected||21 for each camel zombie (13 for camel sign, 8 for zombie)||Creeper||Arrives in a group of three zombies or more.|
|Explorer Zombie||Solid||12||Hungry||Torch destroys plant on contact.|
|Tomb Raiser Zombie||Protected||19||Basic||Creates tombstones on the lawn.|
|Pharaoh Zombie||Hardened||74 (60 for sarcophagus, 14 for zombie)||Basic, then Hungry (should be Speedy)||Moves like a hungry zombie once free.|
|Mummified Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry||Launches Imp Mummy when damaged.|
|Zombot Sphinx-inator||Undying||925||Hungry||Missile attack can create tombstones.|
|Conehead Pirate||Protected||28 (18 for roadcone, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Buckethead Pirate||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Flag Pirate Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Swashbuckler Zombie||Average||10||Basic||Lands four tiles into the player's lawn.|
|Seagull Zombie||Average (Should be Solid)||14||Speedy||Passes over low plants like Spikeweed and Iceberg Lettuce.|
|Barrel Roller Zombie||Hardened||62 (52 for barrel, 10 for zombie)||Hungry||Crushes plants with barrel, Imps appear from the barrel when destroyed.|
|Imp Pirate Zombie||Average||10||Hungry|
|Imp Cannon||Protected||30||Basic||Fires Imp Pirate Zombies to mid-lawn, explodes into a shower of Imps if not destroyed quickly.|
|Pirate Captain Zombie||Protected||21||Stiff||Can release a Zombie Parrot, which can steal a plant.|
|Zombie Parrot||Solid (Should be Protected)||20||Flighty||Can fly to plants in other lanes to take them away|
|Gargantuar Pirate||Great||180||Hungry||Launches Imp Pirate Zombie when damaged.|
|Zombot Plank Walker||Undying||1,325||Hungry||Cannon can rain down Imps past your defenses|
|Cowboy Zombie||Solid (should be Average)||10 (2 for hat, 8 for zombie)||Basic|
|Conehead Cowboy||Protected||28 (18 for roadcone, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Buckethead Cowboy||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Flag Cowboy Zombie||Solid (should be Average)||10 (2 for hat, 8 for zombie)||Basic|
|Prospector Zombie||Average||10||Stiff||Appears on the left side of the player's lawn when its dynamite explodes..|
|Pianist Zombie||Hardened (should be Dense)||41||Creeper||Crushes plants with piano, summons cowboy dancers who switch lanes.|
|Poncho Zombie||Solid/Hardened||13 or 68 (3 for poncho, 55 for metal plate, 10 for zombie)||Basic||Randomly wears a protective metal grate.|
|Chicken Wrangler Zombie||Average||10||Basic||Summons zombie chickens when damaged|
|Zombie Bull||Hardened||65||Stiff||Launches a low flying Zombie Bull Rider over plants|
|Zombie Bull Rider||Average||10||Basic|
|Wild West Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry||Launches Bull Rider when damaged.|
|Zombot War Wagon||Undying||1,275||Hungry||Missile attack can target mine carts|
|Future Conehead Zombie||Protected||28 (18 for cone, 8 for zombie)||Basic|
|Future Buckethead Zombie||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Future Flag Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Jetpack Zombie||Solid||16||Speedy||Floats over low plants, boosts over most other plants.|
|Shield Zombie||Average (should be Protected)/Hardened (Force Field)||25/85 (60 for Force Field, 25 for zombie)||Basic (Should be Stiff)||Creates a shield to protect from incoming attacks.|
|Bug Bot Imp||Average (should be Solid)||14||Hungry|
|Disco-tron 3000||Machined||100||Basic||Summons Disco Jetpack Zombies.|
|Disco Jetpack Zombie||Solid||16||Speedy||Floats over low plants, boosts over most other plants.|
|Mecha-Football Zombie||Machined||100||Basic||Pushes plants to the left instead of eating.|
|Gargantuar Prime||Great||180||Stiff||Crushes plants with arms, randomly burns tiles with laser eyes, launches Bug Bot Imp when damaged.|
|Zombot Tomorrow-tron||Undying||2,700||Hungry||Missile attacks can destroy Power Tiles.|
|Conehead Peasant||Protected||28 (18 for cone, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Buckethead Peasant||Hardened||65 (55 for bucket, 10 for zombie)||Basic|
|Knight Zombie||Machined||90 (80 for the knight helm, 10 for the zombie)||Basic|
|Peasant Flag Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Imp Monk Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Jester Zombie||Protected||21||Hungry||Returns all projectiles that are shot at him.|
|Dark Ages Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry||Crushes plants with hammer, launches Imp Monk Zombie when damaged.|
|Wizard Zombie||Protected||24||Creeper||Transforms plants into passive sheep.|
|Zombie King||Dense||50||N/A||Grants knight helms to nearby peasant zombies.|
|Announcer Imp*||N/A||N/A||N/A||Get crushed by the Zombie King after announcing its arrival.*|
|Imp Dragon Zombie||Average||10||Hungry||Immune to fire damage.|
|Zombot Dark Dragon||Undying||1,000||Hungry||Lobbed fireballs can hatch Imp Dragon Zombies.|
|Beach Flag Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Snorkel Zombie||Protected||18||Basic||Submerges to avoid attacks|
|Imp Mermaid Zombie||Average||10||Hungry|
|Surfer Zombie||Protected||18 (zombie)|
Basic (after landing)
|Can crush a plant with his board|
|Deep Sea Gargantuar||Great||180||Hungry||Crushes plants with driftwood|
Launches Imp Mermaid when damaged
|Christmas Gargantuar*||Great||180||Hungry||Crushes plants|
Launches Christmas Imp when damaged*
|Leprechaun Imp*||Solid||12||Hungry||Arrives in a pot of gold, and drops a Gold Coin when killed.*|
|Easter Gargantuar*||Great||180||Hungry||Crushes plants, launches Easter Imp when damaged.* Unreleased.|
|Easter Imp*||Average||10||Hungry||Thrown from Easter Gargantuar. Hatches from egg, allowing it to stall before attacking. Unreleased.|
|Treasure Yeti||Dense||34||Basic||Appears randomly (the player will get a notification if the game is not opened) and always gives 1000 coins.|
|Egyptian Treasure Yeti*||Dense||34||Basic||Runs away after a short while, carries treasure.|
|Pirate Treasure Yeti*||Dense||34||Basic||Runs away after a short while, carries treasure.|
|Future Treasure Yeti*||Dense||34||Basic||Runs away after a short while, carries treasure.|
Chinese zombies (Chinese version only)
|Conehead Kung-Fu Zombie||Protected||28|
(19 for cone;
9 for zombie)
|Buckethead Kung-Fu Zombie||Hardened||65|
(55 for bucket;
10 for zombie)
|Flag Kung-Fu Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Torch Kung-Fu Zombie||Solid||12||Hungry||Torch destroys plant on contact.|
|Hammer Zombie||Protected||22||Stiff||Returns projectiles that are shot at it.|
|Drinking Zombie||Average||28||Hungry, then Speedy||Speeds up after drinking.|
|Qigong Zombie||Protected||21||Stiff||Pulls plants to the right instead of eating them.|
|Blew Zombie||Solid||13||Speedy||Explodes when it encounters a plant. Freezing plants can disarm the bomb.|
|Gong Zombie||Average||10||Hungry||Summons Blew Zombies while banging its gong.|
(19 for cone;
9 for zombie)
(55 for bucket;
10 for zombie)
|Admiral Helmet Zombie||Machined||90|
(80 for helmet;
10 for zombie)
|Flag Monk Zombie||Average||10||Basic|
|Torch Monk Zombie||Solid||12||Hungry||Spins it torch relentlessly to deal with the player's plants.|
|Swordsman Zombie||Protected||17||Basic||Slices plants.|
|Nunchaku Zombie||Average||21||Stiff||Returns projectiles that are shot at it and strikes at the player's plants.|
|Drinking Monk Zombie||Average||28||Hungry, then speedy||After drinking, it speeds up and can instantly kill the player's plants.|
|Tiger Imp||Average||10||Flighty||Flies over some plants, then lands down and continues walking at a very fast speed.|
|Imp Monk||Average||12||Hungry||Flies over some plants, then lands down and continues walking.|
|Han Bronze||Great||350||Hungry||Crushes plants, speeds up when on low health.|
|Knight Bronze||Great||350||Hungry||Crushes plants, jumps to the least protected to row.|
|Qigong Bronze||Great||350||Stiff||Crushes plants, pulls plants forward, summons other zombies.|
|Gunpowder Devil||Undying||2,400||Hungry||The midpoint boss of Kung-Fu World.|
|Blade-Wielding Hero||Undying||4,000||Hungry||The boss of Kung-Fu World.|
|Chinese Treasure Yeti*||Dense||34||Basic||Runs away after a short while|
Carries puzzle pieces
- means that they are not in the almanac.
- None of these international zombies has the first letter A, H, L, N, O, Q, U and Y, except the Announcer Imp.
- Besides the Chinese zombies:
- Explorer Zombie is the only zombie that has the first letter E.
- Knight Zombie is the only zombie that has the first letter K.
- Vase Gargantuar is the only zombie that has the first letter V.
- Camel Zombies is the only zombie that has the last letter S.
- Disco-tron 3000 is the only zombie that has the last letter as a number.
- Zombie King is the only zombie that has last letter G.
- It is unknown why a Cowboy Zombie's toughness is solid while the Basic Zombie, Mummy Zombie, Pirate Zombie, Future Zombie, and Peasant Zombie's toughness is Average according to the Almanac.
- This may be because Cowboy Zombie wears a hat, although its health is still 10 normal damage shots.
- It is also unknown why there is a Kung-Fu Zombie and a Monk Zombie, as they both have the same health.
- It is also unknown why a Pharaoh Zombie's speed is Hungry when actually it is Speedy.
- It is also unknown why Pianist Zombies take 41 normal damage shots makes its toughness is "Hardened", while Zombie Kings take 50 damage, making its toughness "Dense". According to the almanac, "Hardened" is tougher than "Dense".
- Before the 2.4.1 update, Pharaoh Zombie's toughness was "Dense" and it absorbed 74 normal damage shots.
- Before the 1.7 update Zombie Bull Rider's speed is Basic.
- It is unknown why Shield Zombie's toughness is "Average" and it takes 25.5 normal damage shots to be killed (without Force Field), but "Solid" zombies take between 12 and 17 normal damage shots to be killed.
- It is strange that the Gargantuar Prime's speed is Stiff while other Gargantuars' speed are Hungry.
- It may be because it is a robot, or a disadvantage, due to it having laser eyes and double arm smashes.
- All of the Zombots' health are different from each other. It seems like some Zombots are stronger than the others while all of them are bosses of each world they appear.
- Zombie King is the only zombie that does not have its speed listed.
- It is unknown why a Flag Pirate Zombie's speed is Hungry while the Flag Zombie, Flag Mummy Zombie, Flag Cowboy Zombie, Future Flag Zombie Zombie, and Peasant Flag Zombie's speed is Basic according to the Almanac.
- Before 1.2 update in (chinese version) Gargantuar Bronzes toughness Was "Average" and it absorbed 350 normal damage shots.
- Before the 1.2 update in chinese version Qigong Bronze's speed is hungry.
- It is also unknown why Nunchaku Zombies take 21 normal damage shots makes its toughness is "Average", while Swordsman Zombies take 17 damage, making its toughness "Protected". According to the almanac, "Protected" is tougher than "Average".
- It is unknown why Vase Gargantuar's speed is Hungry when actually it is Stiff.
- It is also unknown why Drinking Zombie and Drinking Monk Zombie take 28 normal damage shots makes their toughness "Average", while Torch Kung-Fu Zombie and Torch Monk Zombie take 12 damage, making its toughness "Solid".