Quickly flies from the captain to carry a plant
|Special:||Can fly to plants in other lanes to take them away|
|Weakness:||Butter from Kernel-pult, Blover|
|First Appearance:||Pirate Seas - Day 9|
|He's a third generation aviation revolutionary. He wants to serve his pirate brethren like his father and his grandmother, Salty Anne, before him.|
Zombie Parrot is a zombie or an animal found in the Pirate Seas of Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time and Plants vs. Zombies Online and is the tenth zombie encountered. It never comes by itself and is always accompanied by the Pirate Captain Zombie. It is released by the Pirate Captain Zombie. Upon release, it steals plants like the Bungee Zombie, if it is not defeated in time. Iceberg Lettuce is useless against it as it is an airborne zombie, but Blover can blow it away with ease. Unlike the Bungee Zombie, the Zombie Parrot will return to the Pirate Captain Zombie's hat.
Quickly flies from the captain to carry a plant.
Special: can fly to plants in other lanes to take them away
He's a third generation aviation revolutionary. He wants to serve his pirate brethren like his father and his grandmother, Salty Anne, before him.
A Cherry Bomb is an easy way to kill the Zombie Parrot in one hit. Other good choices are two five-headed Pea Pods, Coconut Cannon (which destroys it in one hit), two Winter Melons (more Parrots increases effectiveness due to splash damage) or a Spring Bean (after it falls asleep for six to ten seconds before it goes onto it). Iceberg Lettuces do not work against this animal enemy, as it will steal it, so try to kill it quickly to avoid slow recharges. A group of Snapdragons as part of a solid defense can often take out the Zombie Parrot before it steals a plant. Note that a Peashooter or Cabbage-pult alone cannot kill the Parrot in time before it steals a plant. Zombie Parrot cannot steal Spikeweeds and Spikerocks, so you may also use them. Lightning Reed is also very helpful against Zombie Parrots because they deal a lot of damage. If there are many zombie Parrots onscreen, Blover can be used to blow them all away and the best counter for this Zombie. Also, Kernel-pult works against Zombie Parrot, since if a Zombie Parrot is hit with butter, it will be killed instantly, but it would be just luck.
- There is a glitch where if the Zombie Parrot is killed by a Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, or Power Zap, it will turn into a full-sized charred zombie body, despite it being a parrot. This was fixed after the 2.5.1 update.
- This zombie is similar to the scrapped Thief Zombie from Old Dark Ages.
- When it dies its feathers come out like the Zombie Chicken.
- The Zombie Parrot takes exactly five seconds to abduct a plant, the same amount of time a Bungee Zombie takes to abduct a plant.
- If the Zombie Parrot's target plant is destroyed or shoveled, it will fly back to its Pirate Captain Zombie or fly away if it died.
- If the player feeds the Pirate Captain Zombie a Chili Bean (after its Parrot has stolen a plant), it will release gas onto the Zombie Parrot when it is returning to it. This lasts for a few seconds until the Zombie Parrot flies away, leaving the screen. The Zombie Parrot is still able to be killed.
- When a Zombie Parrot is on a sleeping Spring Bean after it is almost ready to wake up, the Spring Bean will instantly kill the Zombie Parrot when it wakes up.
- If the Pirate Captain Zombie is the last standing zombie in a certain level and dies when the Zombie Parrot is abducting a plant, the prize drops out of the sky to the place where the abducted plant stood.
- If the player if fast enough, he or she can dig up the stolen plant and get his sun back, if he or she has any shovel upgrades.
- When a Zombie Parrot goes over an awake Spring Bean, the Spring Bean will duck, and will float away with the Zombie Parrot.
- The Zombie Parrot cannot steal Spikeweeds or Spikerocks because they are anchored to the ground.
- But Bungee Zombies can steal Spikeweeds and Spikerocks.
- If a Zombie Parrot lands on top of a Coconut Cannon, tapping on the Coconut Cannon while it is awake or using the Plant Food upgrade of it will kill the Zombie Parrot instantly.
- It and the Gargantuar Pirate are the only zombies in Pirate Seas that do not have any gold teeth, as birds don't have any to begin with.
- The Bungee Zombie and this zombie both steal plants and do not degrade, making them similar.
- Despite the Zombie Parrot's size, it is twice as strong as a basic zombie.
- The Almanac mentions that its speed is Flighty, though it is actually Speedy.
- If the players use Blover at the right time, they will see the plants stolen by it is hanging on the mid-air and resumes on being stolen, even if Zombie Parrot is blown away.
- Its toughness is actually Protected.
- Tomb Raiser Zombie's toughness is Protected as it absorbs 19 normal damage shots, and Zombie Parrot absorbs 20 normal damage shots.
- Zombie Parrot is voiced by Mark Barrett, according to the credits.
- If the player manages to prevent any Zombie Parrots fly, he or she gets the Mutiny achievement.