Zombie High Diver is an event zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 3 to play, and has 2/3. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives him +1/+1, then moves him to an empty aquatic lane when he is revealed on the heights lane. This ability does not activate if there are no empty aquatic lanes.
He was made available in the Dive Along Weekly Event, which ran from April 18, 2017 to April 25, 2017.
As of update 1.16.10, he is now craftable.
He is based on a high diver, a person who participates in high diving. His description is purposefully ironic, because a high diver is a person who jumps off of a board high in the air and lands in a pool full of water.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Mustache Sports Zombie
- Traits: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed on Heights: This moves to the Water and gets +1/+1.
- Set: Event
He used to be afraid of heights... and water. True story.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
Unless he is played on the heights, Zombie High Diver has mediocre stats for his cost. Therefore, you must play him on the heights, as he will move to the aquatic lane, and in turn, be able to help take out almost any Amphibious plant there and survive (not taking into account plants with Team-Up). He has the sports tribe, meaning Neptuna can use this in a sports deck with Team Mascot, who can constantly boost him, or Zombie Coach, who can protect him for a turn. Being a Gravestone zombie, you can use this zombie while Headstone Carver is on the field to boost him even more when he moves to the aquatic lane.
However, the problem for Zombie High Diver is that he doesn't have the Amphibious trait, meaning that the only way to have him on the water is to play him on the heights. Since the Sneaky class has Amphibious zombies, you must leave both the heights and aquatic lane empty in order to use this zombie properly.
If possible, try to use Grave Buster or move an Amphibious zombie into the aquatic lane with Whipvine so he doesn't move to the water, but only if played on the heights. If not, try using Cabbage-Pult or Skyshooter, as the lane will be unprotected after he moves into the aquatic lane. Whack-a-Zombie can remove him the following turn too if he gets too meddlesome. If he gains strength, use Shamrocket. In last resort cases, try using Doom-Shroom or Guacodile, but keep in mind Guacodile is destroyed in the process, and other plants may be destroyed by Doom-Shroom. Another effective strategy is to move another zombie onto the heights lane so that he cannot activate his ability.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombie High Diver.
- He is the second sports zombie in the Sneaky class, the first being Pogo Bouncer.
- Coincidentally, both of them have the Gravestone trait and have their full body shown at one point while on the field.
- He is also the first event sports zombie in the Sneaky class.
- He is the only zombie to not have the Amphibious trait, but is still able to be on the water normally.
- This is due to his Gravestone trait, as no zombie with said trait can be played on aquatic lanes.
- He is the first event zombie with the Gravestone trait, the second being Trapper Zombie.
- Coincidentally, they are both in the Sneaky class and are part of the mustache tribe.
- In the Galactic Gardens update, the animation for him moving to the aquatic lane was changed.
- Before the update, he jumped into the air, dived into the ground, and moved to the aquatic lane. Now, he moves to the aquatic lane while he is in the air.
- When he is destroyed, his mustache falls off. The same also happens to Backup Dancer.