- For other uses, see Zombie Chicken (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When a plant is played here, this moves to another random lane.|
|Question: What came first, the Chicken or the egg? Answer: The Zombie!|
Zombie Chicken is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. It costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. Its ability will automatically move itself to another random lane when a plant is played in its lane.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Ability: When a plant is played here, this moves to another random lane.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Question: What came first, the Chicken or the egg? Answer: The Zombie!
Zombie Chicken's effect can be considered to be either a blessing or a curse. While that Zombie Chicken is likely to escape from incoming attacks unharmed and attack the hero directly, it also means that the plant hero is guaranteed a free lane to play whatever plant of their choice and not worry about retaliation. Because of this, Zombie Chicken could be considered a poor lead in the early game, when plant heroes are likely wanting to play plants such as Pea Pod and Sunflower.
This is a difficult zombie to deal with, as it moves whenever a plant is planted in its lane, especially early game. Using multi-directional plants like Threepeater are great for disposing of this. Additionally, filling the lawn with plants can help as it will run to another lane with another plant. Using tricks can help too if the player cannot find a way to hit it directly.
- Its description references the rhetorical question "What came first, the chicken or the egg?".
- Its special effect is the exact opposite of the Dog Walker's special effect.
- Coincidentally, both cost 1 to play, both have 2/2 when first played and both are in the Pet Tribe.
- Interestingly, in Plants vs. Zombies 2, this zombie is the weakest zombie in the game, while in this game, it is stronger than a normal Zombie.
- It is the only Wild West zombie to be featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Even though three Zombie Chickens are featured in The Chickening, they are not in the same class.