- For the Plants vs. Zombies and his sequel variant, see Zombie.
For the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and his sequel variant, see Browncoat Zombie.
For more uses, see zombies.
|Owns a closet full of brown coats. And one plaid coat.|
Zombie is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He used to be obtainable by being transformed by The Great Zucchini, but he can still be made by Summoning or Portal Technician, transformed by Transmogrify, or obtained as a card from Eureka. He costs 1 to play (only when he is Bounced and as a card from Eureka), and has 1/1. He does not have any traits nor abilities.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribe: Professional Zombie
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
Owns a closet full of brown coats. And one plaid coat.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Token
- Removed from the player's collection.
- Class added: Hearty
Because of his low stats, this zombie should mostly be used as a weak shield to protect the zombie hero. The player could also try to boost his strength and health so he can survive some plant attacks and take out more plants. Unlike other 1/1 zombies, his tribe does not have any benefits.
If the chance arises, the player could play a Zombie King on the field, as he transforms any zombie on the field (especially this zombie) into a 5/5 Knight of the Living Dead. Flag Zombie, in tandem with a Zombie King or a Coffee Zombie (boosting him and adding Frenzy), can be a complicated yet devastating strategy. Flag Zombie lowers this zombie's cost while the other two aforementioned zombies greatly boost this zombie's potential, making this a greater threat.
As long as he is not boosted or has an extra coverage (unless if it happens otherwise, Bounce this zombie), everything can counter this zombie due to lacking an innate ability and considerably low stats, as long as it damages him. Use any plant on him or destructive tricks such as Berry Blast. The player might not want to Bounce this zombie if a Flag Zombie and/or a Zombie King is present the field to avoid further danger from the opponent.
- Despite being a token and from the Hearty class, Super Brainz can still play him as if he were a normal fighter in the tutorial.
- Professor Brainstorm, who is not a Hearty hero, also seems to use these in The Mechanical Menace Rises, even if he has not played Summoning or Eureka beforehand.
- He is the only token card in the game that has no cards guaranteeing him.