|Variation||Zombies have plant heads|
|Difficulty||Medium-Hard (depends on skill level and strategies used by the player)|
ZomBotany 2 is the seventeenth mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies. It is a more difficult version of ZomBotany. It is mainly known for the plant/zombie hybrids (see below). Unlike its predecessor, the events of ZomBotany 2 unfold in a pool setting.
ZombiesMain Article: ZomBotany Zombies.
- Peashooter Zombie - Fires one pea at a time at the player's plants.
- Gatling Pea Zombie - Fires four peas at a time at the player's plants.
- Wall-nut Zombie - Absorbs 65 hits.
- Tall-nut Zombie - Absorbs 120 hits.
- Squash Zombie - Walks faster and squashes the first plant it meets.
- Jalapeno Zombie - Destroys a whole lane after a while.
Main Article: ZomBotany 2/Strategies.
Feel free to add your own strategy onto ZomBotany 2/Strategies.
VideosPlants vs Zombies - ZomBotany 2 - How to beat it(09:13)
Strategy from 平渊 - Zombotany 2 no Sunflower Strategy(06:06)
Plants vs Zombies Zombotany2 (Simple strategy)(07:29)
See ZomBotany for more trivia.
- The track played for this level is different than its ZomBotany prequel due to the different setting. ZomBotany plays "Grasswalk" while this level plays "Watery Graves".
- If the player hypnotizes a Peashooter Zombie or a Gatling Pea Zombie, it will still shoot at his or her plants through the back of its head. However, it will still eat other zombies. Hypnotizing a Jalapeno Zombie causes it to explode once it leaves the screen and destroy the player's plants, despite being a friendly comrade.
- ZomBotany 2 and Air Raid both use the Gatling Pea, and they can still be accessed without buying it from Crazy Dave's shop.
- Despite having about the same health as a Gargantuar, a Tall-nut Zombie can be instantly defeated by a Chomper, a Tangle Kelp, Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno or Doom-shroom. Squash or Potato Mine will cause 90 damage but won't completely kill it though.
- Even though freezing Peashooter Zombies with Ice-shrooms or butter prevents them from shooting peas, slowing them down with Snow Peas, Winter Melons, or the residue left behind by Ice-shrooms do not hamper that ability.
- Editing the ZomBotany 2 data file (32.dat) to a separate file makes ambush zombies appear in the pool. These ambush zombies are always Ducky Tube normal zombies.
- Apparently, the zombies' instant kills are stronger then that of the plants' instant kills, since the Squash Zombie can kill the Tall-nut in one hit while the plant Squash requires two hits to kill the Tall-nut Zombie.
- In the iPad version, the Gatling Pea Zombie's head looks as if were kind of floating off the body, with a sharp tip supporting the head.
- This is the only pool level that doesn't have ambush zombies.
- In the icon for the iPad version, it shows a Jalapeno Zombie and a Gatling Pea Zombie at night.
- According to LawnStrings, this mini-game's original name was going to be War and Peas 2, with "War and Peas" mostly likely being a pun on "War and Peace".
- This and ZomBotany are the only mini-games where the Zombie Yeti will never appear even if encountered in Level 4-10.
- †: Strategy page