|Game||Plants vs. Zombies|
|Number of flag(s)||Two|
|First time reward(s)||A Trophy|
|Not first time reward(s)||A Money Bag|
|<< Levels >>|
ZomBotany is the first mini-game (tenth in the iPad version) in Plants vs. Zombies, available as soon as the mode is unlocked on Level 3-2. It features Peashooter Zombies and Wall-nut Zombies, all of which have the same abilities as their corresponding plants. Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, and Pumpkins are essential here, considering the Peashooter Zombie's ability is to damage plants from afar.
- See ZomBotany/Strategies.
- ZomBotany is a portmanteau of the words zombie and botany, hence the zombies in the mini-game are plant-zombie hybrids.
- The Hypno-shroom has disappointingly incomplete effects on plant-zombie hybrids. Although hypnotized Peashooter Zombies do the about face and munch their normal brethren, they continue to fire peas towards the player's house (apparently from the back of their head), which continue to damage the player's plants. They also are not harmed by peas fired by normal Peashooter Zombies and so do not run interference for the player's plants. Unfortunately, these bugs have yet to be fixed, except for the iOS version (however, hypnotized Jalapeno Zombies will still destroy the player's plants).
- The Spikeweed, Potato Mine, Spikerock, Sun-shroom, and Puff-shroom are surprisingly effective, since the peas fired cannot harm them. Instead, it goes over them and harms the next plant in the row. However, when the player plants a Coffee Bean on a Puff-shroom or Sun-shroom, the Coffee Bean gets damaged by peas until it disappears.
- In the ZomBotany mini-game, most plants can take 16 peas worth of damage before being destroyed. The Garlic also surprisingly takes the same 16 peas, as it also takes the same amount of basketballs from a Catapult Zombie as a normal plant.
- The ZomBotany mini-game in the iPod Touch version is worth $10,000. It is also the only mini-game on the iPod Touch version that is not available in a game pack.
- Beating this mini-game or ZomBotany 2 without Tall-nuts, Wall-nuts, and Pumpkins will earn the achievement Wall-Not Attack in the iOS and Android versions.
- ZomBotany was one of the beta names for Plants vs. Zombies, and this mini-game was named after it.
- This, Wall-nut Bowling, and Beghouled are the only mini-games with a sequel.
- When a plant kills a zombie, its head disappears instead of falling off. This is because there is no "plant head" falling off animation.
- In every version, the icon is a Peashooter Zombie, but in some versions the head of the zombie has the front of a Peashooter and the back of a Repeater.
- On the icon, in some versions, you can see the stem of the Peashooter Zombie.
- The icon on the iPad version is the only icon which the background appears to take place at night.
- In the DS version, the Wall-nut Zombie does not have degrades. However, it will reach its final degrade once it took enough damage.
- There was an unreleased soundtrack called ZomBotany possibly to be used in ZomBotany levels which sounded similar to Brainiac Maniac.
- †: Strategy page