Zen Sensei is a boss zombie in Garden Ops in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is small, quick and is able to make three clones of himself, making him a bigger problem. At long range, he can charge up for a powerful yellow ball to attack. His melee attack is named Dash Punch and his ranged attack is named Energy Ball.
- Dash Punch: Runs quickly towards the player and does a big uppercut that does about 20 damage. Similar to the the Gargantuar's charge slam.
- Energy Ball: Charges up a ball of energy, and shoots it. does big damage.
- Clone Split: The Sensei will perform a pose, and split into 4 copies. They all have the same strength and attacks, but have a small amount of health.
Super Karate Wave
When the boss slots land on three Zen Sensei icons, a Super Karate Wave will occur. During the wave, Karate Zombies replace all regular zombies.
The Zen Sensei is one of the easier bosses to fight, provided you keep your distance from him. His only ranged attack is one that takes a while to charge, so you have time to avoid it. Try not to use any rooted abilities at close range, because his dash punch can knock you out of them. When he creates clones, it's advised to take out the clones, since they have little health, and will cause a lot of trouble for you if you don't.
- He is called Sensei Explody-boom in the starting dialogue for the Plant mission "Fireworks of the Ancients."
- He is referred to as "Zen Master" in the Zombie quest "Ancient Knowledge."
- According to the Zombie quest from the Quest Board named "Vanquisher of Roses," the Zen Sensei does not have a good sense of smell.
- He might be reference to Pat Morita's character Kesuke Miyagi in the 1984 film The Karate Kid.