|Signature Superpower||Missile Madness|
|Other Superpowers|| Rock Wall|
|Once watched giant mecha anime for 12 hours straight.|
Z-Mech is a zombie hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and the leader of the Hearty and Crazy classes. His signature superpower is Missile Madness, which does 3 damage to a selected plant and 1 damage to all other plants on the field.
He is based on the Imp from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- Classes: Hearty, Crazy
- Boss Fights:
- Battle Area: Factory
Once watched giant mecha anime for 12 hours straight.
- Superpower change: Dance Off → Electrobolt
Z-Mech can build a team of Sports Zombies that’s as hard to take down as he is. Moving Plants out of the way helps keep his growing Zombies alive…or at least undead.
Z-Mech's Hearty and Crazy classes synergize really well with each other. For example, Armored or protected zombies can nullify the abilities of Fireworks Zombie and Barrel of Deadbeards, allowing the former two to damage plants without a single hit on the zombies. While Crazy zombies tend to have lots of strength but lack in health, Hearty tricks like Rock Wall and Camel Crossing allow them to survive longer while hitting equally hard. Similarly, Z-Mech can use strength-boosting cards to boost Armored zombies, turning them into ironclad tanks.
A dancing deck with health-boosting tricks, or a sports deck with strength-boosting tricks is ideal, although the latter depends less on boosting tricks due to Team Mascot. Using Bonus Track Buckethead, a zombie only Z-Mech can synergize in dancing decks is great, as he can give it more strength and stop most plant deck metas that revolve around using bonus attacks. Z-Mech's Missile Madness also allows him to destroy a plant with 3 health at most as well as splash damage of 1 to all other plants, allowing board control.
However, Z-Mech has a drawback, and that is the hard way of dealing with tough plants. Z-Mech does not have easy access to removal cards such as Rocket Science, Cut Down to Size, or Locust Swarm. In addition, he does not have any Deadly or Amphibious zombies. This makes it really hard for Z-Mech to deal with heavy-hitting plants and the aquatic lanes are nearly untouchable by Z-Mech's zombies, as well as the Mega-Grow class as a whole. The only methods are to fight fire with fire and beat them with tough zombies, using Cakesplosion as a substitute for instant-kill cards, or playing Stupid Cupid, then Weed Spray or Rolling Stone, which can destroy any plant. Using cards like Sumo Wrestler or Terrify can also move Amphibious plants to other lanes, allowing your zombies to destroy them.
Z-Mech shouldn't be too much of a problem if the player has the appropriate strategy to deal with him. He has no Amphibious zombies and not many methods of dealing with powerful plants. If possible, use Mayflower to gain some extra cards, or even a legendary. However, Z-Mech is excellent at disposing of weak plants, so be careful in the early game. While you can sneak around his defenses with Amphibious plants in order to damage him directly, focusing on his zombies on land is crucial, as he can cause trouble if he plays zombies like Coffee Zombie or Valkyrie. He also has access to Armored zombies, so avoid playing weak plants, or the zombies will go nearly unaffected.
Mega-Grow heroes may struggle to build a defense against Z-Mech during the first few turns due to many early removal cards, but if you manage to boost something such as Doubled Mint successfully, Z-Mech can do almost nothing but block that plant to avoid defeat. Mega-Grow heroes can also use bonus attacks to their advantage, unless Bonus Track Buckethead is on the field.
- Main article: Community-built decks/Z-Mech
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Z-Mech.
- Z-Mech's comic illustrates him using Rocket Science missiles to attack the plants. However, this is not possible in-game, as Rocket Science is in the Brainy class.
- Z-Mech is also illustrated to be an in-game Imp, but when he comes out of his Mech, he appears as a completely different looking Imp, which is another inconsistency in the comic.
- During the Z-Mech's idle animation, its Imp sometimes breathes into the Z-Mech's window, and the player can see an "evil" face on it.
- This face was originally a small, sad face.
- It would also sometimes say "Evil", as well.
- When Z-Mech is damaged or defeated, the Imp inside face-plants into the glass.
- Before update 1.16.10, he was the only zombie hero to be able to hit the opposing hero via his signature superpower.
- He shares the same battle music as Rustbolt and Professor Brainstorm.
- Coincidentally, they all lack Amphibious zombies.
- Out of the three, Z-Mech is the only one who doesn't lead the Brainy class.
- Z-Mech is one of the three zombie heroes that faces the same direction as the plant hero, regardless of which side the player is playing as, the others being Impfinity and Neptuna.
- Out of the three, Z-Mech is the only one that doesn't lead the Sneaky class.