|Abilities||End of turn: Destroy a random Zombie and make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up there.|
|Zombies are always trying to build a bridge out of her.|
Witch Hazel is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. She costs 4 to play, and has 1. She does not have any traits, and her ability instantly destroys a random zombie and makes a Puff-Shroom on that zombie's lane at the end of every turn, starting from the turn she is played.
Her description is a reference to the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where a group of villagers are trying to figure out if a woman is a witch. During the conversation, a villager suggests to build a bridge out of the woman, to see if she is made of wood and is, therefore, a witch.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: End of turn: Destroy a random Zombie and make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up there.
- Set: Event
Zombies are always trying to build a bridge out of her.
- Added to the game.
- ▼ Health change: 2 → 1
Despite her stats being weak for her cost, she can destroy a random zombie regardless of health and make a Puff-Shroom played in the same lane that zombie is destroyed. Keep in mind that this plant is clearly luck-based as she can devastatingly get rid of either a stronger zombie or a weaker one on board. You also want to take note that if she manages to destroy a zombie in the water, a Puff-Shroom will not be made there as Puff-Shrooms does not have the Amphibious trait. If Go-Nuts is on the board, all Team-Up plants will get +1 every turn as long as Witch Hazel has zombies to destroy.
If you want Witch Hazel to target the zombie that you want it to destroy, simply try to destroy all other zombies to improve her chances. Overall, she can be a useful plant if used correctly.
Each hero has their own uses with Witch Hazel:
- Nightcap can use this plant to his advantage as he can use Astro-Shrooms to do damage to the zombie hero every time a Puff-Shroom is made from Witch Hazel's ability. The Puff-Shrooms made from Witch Hazel can also be useful in a mushroom deck with Buff-Shroom and Punish-Shroom. Nightcap can also use any extra Puff-Shrooms made to create extra Pineclones but also remove this plant. Finally, Nightcap can give Witch Hazel strength so that she can defend herself.
- Citron and Beta-Carrotina can protect this plant with Wall-Nut and other high-health plants. They can also use Pecanolith or Spineapple to allow Witch Hazel to attack back. They can also use Force Field to prevent Witch Hazel from taking damage; although Citron also has superpowers that can protect her such as Peel Shield. They can also boost her Health with Photosynthesizer.
- Green Shadow can boost her with boosting cards such as Grow-Shroom, Lily of the Valley, or Fertilize to prevent her from being destroyed easily. She can also play Onion Rings to make Witch Hazel a 4/4. However, she should watch out for Rocket Science.
- Rose can use her in her flower decks where Power Flower can heal her health while any zombie that hurts Witch Hazel will be destroyed by Briar Rose.
While her stats are weak for 4, her ability can destroy your stronger zombies while making a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up there. But luckily, her ability is completely luck-based, so filling the board with weak zombies can increase the chances of Witch Hazel not targeting strong zombies you have on the board.
- She is currently the second Smarty card that can instantly destroy zombies, the first being Winter Squash.
- She is the only one of the two that does not require extra cards to do so.