Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For more uses, see Squash (disambiguation).
|Abilities||When a Zombie becomes frozen, destroy that Zombie.|
|"My complexion is more of a summer."|
Winter Squash is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 4 to play, and has 2/6. It has no traits, and its ability instantly destroys a zombie that receives the Freeze effect.
It is based on the plant in real life with the same name.
Its appearance is based on the plant from Plants vs. Zombies with a similar appearance, and also a pun on "winter", referring to its ice blue color, icicles, earmuffs, and shivering motions, which are commonly associated with winter.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Squash Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When a Zombie becomes frozen, destroy that Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
"My complexion is more of a summer."
- Animation change: Winter Squash now blows ice shards at the frozen zombie, compared to simply breathing at it before.
Winter Squash is a very useful plant, most of it due to its useful ability. It is one of the key plants in a Freeze deck, as it instantly destroys any zombie regardless of stats, as long as it gets frozen. This allows you to easily deal with any threat, as even one Iceberg Lettuce spells doom to a powerful threat.
Even if you only consider its stats, it is still a good plant. It has 6 health, which is a lot, surviving a hit or two from most zombies, excluding these three. This allows it to destroy many zombies, as well as fighting back itself, before going down for a few turns. However, without any freezing cards, it is much less useful, so remember that.
There are a few freezing cards that synergize well with Winter Squash's ability. As mentioned before, Iceberg Lettuce is one of them. Winter Melon is another example of such a card, as Winter Melon's Splash Damage trait allows it to freeze up to 3 zombies per attack, instantly destroying all of them.
Combined with its high health and its ability, Winter Squash is annoying and dangerous at the same time. It can wreck a lot of havoc, especially if your opponent is running a Freeze deck. However, it is not invincible, and has quite a lot of counters. Playing Deadly zombies is one of them, as they instantly destroy Winter Squash in one attack. Since it has 2 strength, Rolling Stone is also a good one to use against it. And as a last resort, you can play Locust Swarm to instantly destroy it.
- It is one of three plants to have the word "winter" in its name, the others being Winter Melon and Winter Melon from Plants vs. Zombies Online.
- It is one of two plant cards that has the ability to destroy zombies that is not in the Solar class, the other being Doom-Shroom.
- This plant closely resembles Squash, and could be an ice variant of it.
- However, Winter Squash doesn't squash zombies, but attacks like all other plant fighters do.