- Not to be confused with the lobbed-shot plant Winter Melon.
|Unlocked||Beating Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum - Level 7-1|
Winter Melon (冬瓜; pinyin: dōngguā) is a plant from Plants vs. Zombies Online. It is obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum. It rolls along the dug path and kills all the zombies in its path (for example, pathways, quicksand, etc.), similarly to Jalapeno and Giant Wall-nut.
- Hover the image to see the full description.
|Winter Melon takes 10 seconds less to recharge.|
| When disappearing, it will explode, and will deal damage to the whole row it was planted on.
This is quite literally a weaker Jalapeno. Do not use it by itself, as it's just an instant use plant, very similar to Jalapeno, use it for assisting strong plants like Coconut Cannon. This is particularly decent early game, when you need to kill strong zombies, but has no access to a Potato Mine or the like, this plant, should be used aggressively, either on the first lane to make full use of it's range, or on the 3rd, 4th, 5th lane, if you need to quickly dispatch zombies, or simply don't want to leave the first row and lane alone for the sole use of this.
- It is based on the actual winter melon, while the original one is a literal interpretation of a "winter" melon.
- It also has a completely different appearance from the original Winter Melon.
- It is one of the two plants that can be planted on pathways directly. The second is Sod.
- It is the third plant to share its name with another plant. The first is Bamboo Shoot in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and the second is Dandelion.
- It and Sod are the only plants obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum that do not appear in Adventure Mode.
- It is one of the few plants in the game that doesn't have any costumes.