- For other uses, see Winter Melon (disambiguation).
|Abilities|| Splash Damage 4|
When this hurts a Zombie, Freeze that Zombie.
|Perfect for your winter picnics.|
Winter Melon is a premium legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty plants. It costs 7 to plant, and has 4/4. In addition to direct damage, Winter Melon will deal 4 splash damage to zombies on lanes adjacent to it upon a successful attack as the splash damage cannot be boosted by any means. Winter Melon will also freeze any zombie it damages, whether through direct or splash damage.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Splash Damage 4
- When this hurts a Zombie, Freeze that Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Perfect for your winter picnics.
This plant is a powerful plant as it can deal splash damage and also freeze zombies. It is best used with Snowdrop as the three zombies are frozen by the Winter Melon, Snowdrop will gain a massive 6/6. Using this with Winter Squash spells doom for all 3 frozen zombies.
When against this plant, never put zombies where the Winter Melon will still hit them but the zombie that goes after that plant. Otherwise, think of this plant as a stronger and more reliable/dangerous Snow Pea that cannot be used with Torchwood or The Podfather. However, its high stats put it in danger of Rocket Science though. You can also decrease its strength with Shrink Ray and use Weed Spray. Locust Swarm is a viable option too.
- Winter Melon is the only returning plant that is a legendary plant card.
- Technically, Wall-Nut Bowling is also a returning "plant", but is more of a mini-game reference than an actual plant.
- This and Cabbage-Pult are the only catapult plants to be featured in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Despite winter melons being technically berries, this plant is not considered a berry card.