- For the international version of this level, see Wild West - Day 9.
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Wild West - Day 9 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Wild West - Day 9 is the ninth level of Wild West in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Locked and Loaded level. Also, before starting this level, Crazy Dave tells the player about plants for minecarts. The player can use Lightning Reed and Winter Melon in this level, even though both plants have not yet been unlocked. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks Lightning Reed.
In the Normal Mode of this level, the player has to beat cowboy zombies at Level 1.
(Crazy Dave appears)
Crazy Dave: Do you know why my surname's Crazy? (你知道为什么我姓疯狂吗？)
Crazy Dave: Of course, because I'm crazy, for example... (当然因为我很疯狂，比如说...)
Crazy Dave: Planting on minecarts, (在矿车上种植物，)
Crazy Dave: Just like what you're doing now... (就像你现在要做的事情一样...)
(Crazy Dave leaves)
- This level has some tough zombie hordes but is ultimately not too hard, mostly due to the presence of Winter Melon.
- The Lightning Reeds can take care the Zombie Chickens easily, as they can zap multiple targets at once.
- Do what you need to do first like planting Sunflowers. Delay the first few zombies via the Chili Bean and other methods.
- Now plant a Winter Melon on the first minecart from the left. Then plant one column of Lightning Reeds and Split Peas. One column of Wall-nut is unnecessary, but if you want to be careful, do it quickly.
- If you want to use the Winter Melon, plant one on the first and the last lane, and another one on the middle minecart.
- Keep moving the Winter Melon to extinguish Prospector Zombies' dynamites. The Lightning Reeds will weaken the zombies and defeat the Zombie Chickens. Use Chili Bean if necessary.
In the Hard Mode of this level, the player has to beat the cowboy zombies at Level 2 or above, along with no lawn mowers.
- Level 2 Prospector Zombies can be problematic, as the player likely does not have a Level 2 Split Pea yet. It is recommended to upgrade this plant into Level 2 via Plant Adventures.
- The Level 2 zombie horde along with the Level 2 Poncho Zombie can cause the player's defense to break apart. Level 1 Winter Melon can still defeat the zombies, however, the player must pay attention at all times, and save sun to plant a lot of Winter Melons to duel with tough zombies, and at the same time, freeze Prospector Zombies' dynamites. Upgraded plants are not necessary to win this level.
- Plant more than 1 column of Sunflowers. Delay the first few zombies via the Chili Bean and other methods.
- Now plant a Winter Melon on the first minecart from the left. Then plant some Lightning Reeds and Split Peas. Quickly plant one column of Level 2 Wall-nuts.
- Continue use the Winter Melon, plant one on the first and the last lane, and another one on the middle minecart.
- Keep moving the Winter Melon to extinguish the Prospector Zombies' dynamite. The Lightning Reeds will weaken the zombies and defeat the Zombie Chickens. Use Chili Bean to stall zombies and deal high damage to tough ones. Use Plant Food on Winter Melon to kill zombies more quickly.