- For the Chinese version of the level, see Wild West - Day 9 (Chinese version).
Wild West - Day 9 is the ninth level of Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Locked and Loaded level. Also, before starting this level, Crazy Dave tells the player about plants for minecarts. The player can use Lightning Reed and Winter Melon in this level, even though both plants have not yet been unlocked. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks Lightning Reed.
The player is presented with two new plants to use in this level. One being the Lightning Reed and the other being the Winter Melon. This level has some tough zombie hordes but is ultimately not too hard, mostly due to the presence of Winter Melon. This plant will greatly help with the oncoming swarms of zombies that appear in this level, as it does massive damage and slowdown. Using Winter Melon on the minecarts is useful, as the player can move it to other lanes to dish out damage. However, it does cost 500 sun to use, and the player must rely on Split Pea and Lightning Reed at the beginning of the level. Split Pea should be used for Prospector Zombie. However, the player should focus on planting at least 2 columns of Lightning Reeds. These do small damage, but have chain damage. Planting lots of these will maximize their damage. Poncho Zombie should be dealt with Chili Bean, especially the one that appears early. Wall-nut should be used to defend, though is not too well at defending this level due to the constant swarm of zombies.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|4||+||None||100% Plant Food|
|6||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|8||-||None||First flag; 100% Plant Food|
|12||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|15||None||100% Plant Food|
|16||2 4 1 3 5||None||Final flag; 400%/7 Plant Food|
Note: This strategy is for all versions.
- Do what you need to do first, like planting Sunflowers. Delay the first few zombies via the Chili Bean and other methods.
- Now plant a Winter Melon on the first minecart from the left. Then plant one column of Lightning Reeds and Split Peas. One column of Wall-nut is unnecessary, but if you want to be careful, do it quickly.
- If you want to use the Winter Melon, plant one on the first and the last lane, and another one on the middle minecart.
- Keep moving the Winter Melon to extinguish Prospector Zombies' dynamites. The Lightning Reeds will weaken the zombies. Use Chili Bean if necessary. Put the Lightning Reed in the middle minecart, and use it to weaken zombies, as said above.
- Created by EpicGamer23468
- Start off by placing a column of Sunflowers in the third column. Hold off the first few zombies using Split Peas, putting them in the second column.
- If you want to (but I very highly recommend it), plant a Wall-nut in the minecart on the fourth column.
- When the first Poncho Zombie comes, plant a Winter Melon in the minecart on the first column.
- Place Lightning Reeds in the fifth column an the remaining spaces in the fourth column.
- This is optional, but you can plant a Winter Melon anywhere in the sixth column.
- Optional as well, but you can plant a Wall-nut in the seventh column.
- In this strategy, feel free to use Plant Food (I recommend using it on Winter Melons).
- Before the 1.9 update, the player had to not lose any lawn mowers in order to complete this level.
- *: Removed