- For the international version of this level, see Wild West - Day 5.
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Wild West - Day 5 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Wild West - Day 5 is the fifth level of Wild West in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. A new zombie called the Poncho Zombie is introduced here. In this level, only the third column is completely occupied by a minecart. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In the Normal Mode of this level, the player has to beat cowboy zombies at Level 1.
- The zombie horde becomes somewhat difficult to deal as the level progresses, mainly containing many Cowboy Zombies to act as shields for more protective zombies like Poncho Zombie. Area-of-effect and defensive plants are recommended here. Additionally, since Prospector Zombie appears, using Split Pea, Magic Mushroom or an ice plant is also advised.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|7||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|8||+||None||600%/7 Plant Food, first flag|
|15||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|16||2 4 -3 +1 5||None||Final flag|
- Required plants:
- Do what you need to get ready. Start by planting Twin Sunflowers on the first column. Then, plant a Kiwifruit on the minecart when you get enough sun.
- The Poncho Zombie is a special zombie because there is a chance he will wear a metal grate, which is as tough as a bucket. So be careful of it. To stall him at the high threat, use the Chili Bean now. It will instantly kill a zombie, regardless of its toughness. This is an excellent choice for players who don't want to buy premium plants.
- When the final wave comes, do the same.
- Take advantage of the Chili Bean. It will greatly help you replace the Squash, a premium plant.
- Small tips: The Magnet-shroom can attract the Poncho Zombies' metal grates. You may choose it to make the level easier, if you have the plant already.
In the Hard Mode of this level, the player has to beat the zombies above at Level 2 or above, along with no lawn mowers.
- Level 2 Prospector Zombie can be problematic, as the player likely does not have a Level 2 Split Pea yet. Except when the player has obtained the Level 2 Spikeweed, a Level 2 attack plant that can attack backwards, like Magic Mushroom or Cactus, is recommended.
- The Level 2 zombie horde along with the Level 2 Poncho Zombie can cause the player's defense to break apart. The player should use strong attacking combos along with levelled-up defense plants.
The player likely to not have a Level 2 Chili Bean, which means he/she has to use a powerful attacking combo against them.
- Required plants:
- Do whatever you need to do to get ready. Plant Kiwifruits, Snow Peas and Magic Mushrooms to attack the zombies. Use Wall-nut to defend yourself from being eaten if needed. Use Plant Food on Twin Sunflower or Magic Mushroom.