- For the Chinese version of the level, see Wild West - Day 5 (Chinese version).
Wild West - Day 5 is the fifth level of Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. A new zombie called the Poncho Zombie is introduced here. In this level, only the third column is completely occupied by a minecart. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
- The zombie horde becomes somewhat difficult to deal as the level progresses, mainly containing many Cowboy Zombies to act as shields for more protective zombies like Poncho Zombie. Area-of-effect and defensive plants are recommended here. Additionally, since Prospector Zombie appears, using Split Pea or an ice plant is also advised.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|7||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|8||+||None||600%/7 Plant Food, first flag|
|15||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|16||2 4 -3 +1 5||None||Final flag|
- Required plants:
- Do what you need to get ready. Start by planting Twin Sunflowers on the first column. Then, plant a Repeater on the minecart when you get enough sun.
- The Poncho Zombie is a special zombie because there is a chance he will wear a metal grate, which is as tough as a bucket. So be careful of it. To stall him at the high threat, use the Chili Bean now. It will instantly kill a zombie, regardless of its toughness. This is an excellent choice for players who don't want to buy premium plants.
- When the final wave comes, do the same.
- Take advantage of the Chili Bean. It will greatly help you replace the Squash, a premium plant.
- Small tips: The Magnet-shroom can attract the Poncho Zombies' metal grates. You may choose it to make the level easier if you have the plant already.
- *: Removed