- For the international version of this level, see Wild West - Day 21.
Wild West - Day 23 is the twenty-third level of Wild West in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The player must both prevent the zombies from stepping on the flowers and not lose more than one plant in order to complete the level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In the Normal Mode of this level, the player has to complete the objectives and beat the zombies at Level 1.
This level can be a nuisance without the proper plants. Because of the elements of this level, this can be a hard combination to defeat the zombies with. The Pianist Zombie stands out the most, especially with the player having to lose no more than 1 plant. The player needs a long ranged plant to deal with this, as well as it being powerful. However, there are also Chicken Wrangler Zombie, so plants like Lightning Reed or Snapdragon should be used. The flowers also provide another problem, in addition to the position they are in, right in front of some minecarts. Using plants like Melon-pult and Coconut Cannon on minecarts are ideal for this level, as they can easily take down some of the more powerful zombies in this level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|4||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|7||None||100% Plant Food|
|9||None||First flag; 500%/7 Plant Food|
|10||None||100% Plant Food|
|14||1 2 3 4 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|16||4||None||100% Plant Food|
|18||1 2 3 4 5||None||Final flag; 400%/7 Plant Food|
In the Hard Mode of this level, the player has to complete the objectives as well as beat the cowboy zombies at Level 2 or above, along with no lawn mowers.
Levelled-up Pianist Zombies will obviously be a big threat to those who do not have powerful ranged attacking plants, as the player must not lose more than 1 plant. Along with levelled-up Chicken Wrangler Zombies, which cause Level 1 Lightning Reeds to be less effective, the zombie horde can wreck down the player's entire defense easily.
- Using the same strategy as the Normal Mode would work, but the player should upgrade his/her plants first, or replace the plants used there with the powerful plants you have, such as the Kiwifruit.
- It is recommended to upgrade the Lightning Reed through Plant Adventures, or use Level 4 Magic Mushrooms or its Plant Food ability to stop the Chicken Wranglers. The player could also use Spikerocks, but remember to keep an eye on them in order not to lose more than 1 plant. Keep in mind that using Plant Food or planting the same plant on it will restore its health.
- At all times, pay attention to the objectives. Remember to keep an eye on the flowers as well.