- For the international version of this level, see Wild West - Day 1.
- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Wild West - Day 1 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Wild West - Day 1 (Chinese version) is the first level of Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The new variants of the zombies and minecarts and rails are introduced here. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins and unlocks the Split Pea.
In the Normal Mode of this level, the player has to beat cowboy zombies at Level 1.
Penny: Six shooters: locked and loaded
Penny: Old timey piano music: downloaded
Penny: Chance of taco: 0.015%
Penny: Margin of error: 0.016%
(After completing the level and receiving the reward)
Crazy Dave: Ride on the Ox-cart, towards the western panning
Crazy Dave: Take the plants, guarding against the zombies
Crazy Dave: We're coming, gold mine!
Crazy Dave: Penny, have you located the west's biggest gold mine yet?
Penny: Wasn't our target to find the taco?
Crazy Dave: But that is a gold mine!
- This level is slightly harder than its its international version because it has more zombies.
- The player is introduced to minecarts, which can move plants up and down a lane depending on the rails that are provided. In the tutorial, the player moves a Peashooter to defeat a Cowboy Zombie. It is recommended to keep this Peashooter, as the player can save some sun killing the first few zombies. The player should not have much trouble beating this level.
- Start normally with ten Sunflowers. Defeat the first zombies with the Peashooter on the minecart.
- When the Conehead Cowboy appears, start planting attack plants.
- Do not forget to do what you need to do. This is a very simple level, so you can create many strategies in this level.
In the Hard Mode of this level, the player has to beat the zombies above at Level 2 or above.
- The zombies here are at Level 2, which means the zombies have twice the health. The player should bring powerful plants or Level 2 plants.
- Do as what you did to complete Easy Mode, but use powerful attack plants or Level 2 attack plants instead.