- For the Chinese version of the level, see Wild West - Day 11 (Chinese version).
Wild West - Day 11 is the eleventh level of Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a regular level, and the layout is exactly the same as the Wild West - Day 1. However, in order to complete this level, the player must not spend more the 500 sun. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks an upgrade called Shovel Perk.
The objective makes this level difficult to beat, as 500 sun is only good for a few plants. Fortunately, there are only two typical zombies, those being the Cowboy Zombie and the Conehead Cowboy. The minecarts in this level are great and essential for the player to beat the level. If one does not have very good plants or the zombie density is very high, this level can be struggling to win without any lawn mowers lost or Power Ups spent.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||2 3||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|4||4 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||None||400%/7 Plant Food, final flag|
- Required plants:
- Plant only one Sunflower or Sun-shroom and not on the minecart.
- Plant only a Pea Pod with only three heads the first minecart from left and Wall-nut on the second.
- Keep moving it. Do not plant another Wall-nut, because now you can only use 25 sun left, unless you chose the Sun-shroom, in which then you can replace the Wall-nut, but not plant another one.
- The Pea Pod's Plant Food ability will help you, so do not forget to use Plant Food.
- Required plants:
- Use these plants to kill the zombies. Plant only one Chili Bean on the leftmost minecart. Then, feed it Plant Food to spawn more Chili Beans to save sun.
- Sun-producing plants are not needed, because you chose the cheap plants.
Strategy 3 by JemCel03
- This strategy involves only the usage of Repeater and Threepeater. All you have to do here is to select the two mentioned plants while the rest will fill up the entire slots. Now, pay attention closely. With the absence of any type of Sun Producing Plants in this strategy, it would seem to be hard to get more sun for defense production. Harvest enough sun until you have 325 amount. Once done, select the Threepeater and place it on a mine cart that only occupies the second up to fourth column, that is on the third column. Now, repeat the same process. But this time, once you have reached 225 sun, place the Repeater. It should be on the first column (adjacent to the Lawn Mowers.) Now, you now cannot spend any further because by this logic, Repeater costs 200 sun while Threepeater costs 300 sun. Therefore, there is a total of 500 sun spent in just two plants. All you have to do is to move the minecarts very well to finish the level.
Coconut Cannon Strategy
You do not need Sunflowers as they use 50 sun. Start by collecting sun. When the first zombie comes, put a Potato Mine in the third column in the zombie's row. Use Iceberg Lettuce on him to further delay the next zombie. Repeat this for the second zombie. When the third and fourth zombies come, you should have enough sun for a Coconut Cannon. Put it in the minecart in the first column. Shoot it at the zombies when they come to the third column. The splash damage will kill both of them. Keep doing this for other zombies. Try to shoot in the second or fourth row, as this will maximize the use of the splash damage unless there are no zombies in those rows or if the Conehead Zombie is in another row. Always shoot directly at Coneheads, because the splash damage alone cannot kill it in one shot. Save up all of your Plant Food until the final wave. Then, plant an Iceberg Lettuce anywhere where it cannot be triggered. Use your Plant Food on it so you have time for your Cannon to kill all the zombies.
Only one by HMC
(Credit goes to Intellectual Games)
Use Iceberg Lettuce to stall the first zombie, then plant a Repeater in the very back mine cart. It is optional to put a second Repeater on the second mine cart. From then on, collect plant food from the zombies and use it only if absolutely necessary. Always move the back minecart with the Repeater in it. See the set-up below to see how to get the first star on Day 1 in the Chinese version.
Mushroom Force by Gorden2000 (Replay)
At first, plant Puff-shrooms against the zombies. When you have enough sun, plant Fume-shrooms in front of carts. At the same time, plant Puff-shrooms rapidly. If zombies get too close, use Plant Food on the Fume-shrooms. This strategy is also good when the Treasure Yeti is spotted in this level.
Overkill Strategy (Level Replay)
Plant Puff-shrooms and Iceberg Lettuces throughout the level to kill the first Zombies, after you get enough Sun, plant a Winter Melon and let the destruction happen. This strategy is used best for when there are Treasure Yetis in this level.
Pea Pod Strategy by Nick Archer
Firstly, plant an Iceberg Lettuce to stall the first zombie. If you have Gold Bloom, plant Pea Pod four times on the minecart rail which is available to move it every lane. Also, try to plant an Iceberg Lettuce on the second minecart when necessary, as you may need to feed it with Plant Food. Try to save your Plant Food at least three to use them when the zombies are overwhelming your lawn.
Plant one Sunflower in between the minecarts. Delay early zombies with Iceberg Lettuce. Plant a Repeater in the back minecart. Plant a Repeater in the other and then the fun starts. Always keep one Iceberg Lettuce handy.
Ka-WAAAY-ZEE Coconut Cannon Strategy
When the level starts, plant Puff-shrooms to kill the first few zombies. Then, when you get enough sun, plant a Coconut Cannon on the minecart on the back. Plant a Wall-nut when you get enough sun on the lane with the most trouble.
- This is the level with the lowest limit on sun usage by the player.
- Before the 1.9 update, the level only allowed 300 sun to be spent instead of 500. Additionally, he or she was required to not lose any lawn mowers.