- For the Chinese version of this level, see Wild West - Day 1 (Chinese version).
- For the Pre-1.8 Chinese version of this level, see Wild West - Day 1 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Wild West - Day 1 is the first level of Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. As the player is told in the world's preview, the player will travel back to the 17th century and deal with Cowboy Zombies. The new variants of the zombies, Dr. Zomboss, and minecarts and rails are introduced here. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Split Pea.
Penny: Six shooters: locked and loaded
Penny: Old timey piano music: downloaded
Penny: Chance of taco: 0.015%
Penny: Margin of error: 0.016%
Crazy Dave: It's a cattle drive...
Crazy Dave: With plants...
Crazy Dave: And zombies!
Crazy Dave: Let's get these plants to the watering hole.
Like all first levels of each world, this level is relatively simple, as only Cowboy Zombies and very few Conehead Cowboys appear. More importantly, the player is introduced to minecarts, which can move plants up and down a lane depending on the rails that are provided. The player moves a Peashooter to defeat a Cowboy Zombie. It is recommended to keep this Peashooter, as the player can save some sun killing the first few zombies. The player should not have much trouble beating this level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||2 3||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|4||4 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||None||400%/7 Plant Food, final flag|
- Required plants:
- Remember how to use minecart rails. Do not dig the Peashooter. You will need to kill other zombies in the second, third and fourth lane.
- Do not forget to do what you need to do. This is a very simple level, so you can create many strategies in this level.
- Created by Pinkgirl234
- Plant a Sunflower on the minecart rail on the first column. Then occupy the second column by planting Sunflowers.
- Plant Peashooters on the minecart rail on the third column and on the vacant tiles in the same column.
- Afterwards, plant either Magnifying Grasses or Peashooters on the fourth column.
- When things start to get tough, tap on Magnifying Grasses for them to shoot directly at incoming zombies. Make sure that you have enough sun in order for Magnifying Grasses to use their power. You can also opt to use Plant Food on them so that they can eliminate the zombies quicker.
- The same goes with Iceberg Lettuces: use Plant Food on them in the case of huge waves of zombies.
- You can also opt to use Laser Beans if you have enough sun but chances are they may be sparingly used.
- In case zombies are getting too close to your plants, plant Wall-nuts in order to keep them from getting closer.
- Remember not to forget to use Iceberg Lettuces on zombies who have high toughness. They will serve as big help in order for you to plant more offensive plants against them.
- Created by PrimitivePotatoMine
- Required plants: (or any sun-producing plant)
- Suggested plants:
- Firstly, plant a row of your selected sun-producing plants. Meanwhile, start setting up a row of defense by planting Wall-nut, Repeater and Kernel-pult.
- Delay any zombie that appear in any row without any defense with the Iceberg Lettuce. This should give you time to set up your defense.
- The above setup should be enough to finish up your defense. Plant Cherry Bomb during the last wave to make the process quicker.