Whirlwind Acorn (旋风橡果; pinyin: xuànfēng xiàng guǒ) is a plant obtained in Frostbite Caves in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It launches its cap to attack zombies twice in a similar manner to Bloomerang. The longer it takes to get ready to shoot, the heavier the damage it deals (similar to a leveled up Agave). However, it only has a range of three tiles in front of it. When the cap hits certain objects, like a tombstone or a Walrus Zombie, it explodes and destroys that obstacle immediately.
Note: Whirlwind Acorn's damage is Heavy in-game.
旋风橡果 (Whirlwind Acorn)
Sun cost: 300
Whirlwind Acorn attacks a row of zombies in front and blows Walrus Zombie.
Special: It attacks in front of a row of zombies and blows Walrus Zombies
Plant feature: tornado family, buck-toothed boy
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Whirlwind Acorn fires a whirling acorn bomb and then shreds all the zombies in its row.
Whirlwind Acorn now spins up two more tornadoes to attack the first zombies of the two adjacent lanes.
Although it takes a while to recharge, it deals heavy damage. It should be assisted with Winter Melons or Sap-flings to make up for that recharge. Leave a Chard Guard, Tall-nut, or Infi-nut in front of it. It is a good idea to couple this with strong and fast attacking plants just in case the player's defensive plants die.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Whirlwind Acorn.
- It looks similar to its counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars. The main difference is that it has a wind-up key instead for a stem.
- Before the Frostbite Caves update, it appeared on the plant preview icon after beating some levels such as Ancient Egypt - Day 4 and Day 7.
- When it attacks, it makes the same noise that Bloomerang makes when Plant Food is used on it.
- Additionally, it references Bloomerang in its Almanac entry, possibly because they have similar abilities.
- Its mouth is open in its seed packet and puzzle piece, as well as apart of his idle animation.
- It and Rafflesia are the only Chinese-exclusive plants in Frostbite Caves.