Whack-a-Zombie is a premium rare plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability instantly destroys a selected zombie with 3 or less. Its closest zombie counterpart is Rolling Stone.
Its description references the song Hammer Time by MC Hammer.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Trick
- Ability: Destroy a Zombie with 3 or less.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
It's hammer time. #hadtobesaid
- Rarity change: Rare → Uncommon
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Rare
Basically a cheaper and watered-down version of Squash, Whack-a-Zombie is perfect for destroying soon-to-be annoying zombies with low strength like Jester, Zombie King, Aerobics Instructor, Team Mascot, Tomb Raiser Zombie, or basically anything along those lines. Additionally, it can take out some pesky 3 zombies such as Dolphin Rider, Pool Shark, Abracadaver, etc. However, since this trick cannot destroy zombies with 4 or more strength, it becomes less useful in the later rounds, since there are more zombies that have more than 3. In that case, play Scorched Earth, Weed Whack, or Water Balloons to lower the zombie's strength to allow this trick to destroy it.
Whack-a-Zombie can easily destroy your important zombies in an instant, so beware. Unfortunately, there is no real counter to this trick other than to keep all your zombies' strength at 4 or more. However, against Wall-Knight, take caution doing this, as he can also use Doom-Shroom and Shamrocket.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Whack-a-Zombie (PvZH).
- Its description is the only description within the entire Plants vs. Zombies series to have a hashtag (#) in it.
- It and Wall-Nut Bowling are the only mini-games from Plants vs. Zombies to return as cards.
- During development, it was originally going to be in the Kabloom class, cost 5 sun, and do 5 damage to a zombie. This idea was later changed to Sizzle.