- For other usages of beans, see bean.
|Prefers to be called "Vertically Challenged Beanie."|
Weenie Beanie is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. Two of them can also be obtained as cards by Bean Counter. It costs 1 to play, and has 1/1. It does not have any traits or abilities.
It is the basic plant of the Smarty class.
Its name may be a combination of "weenie," referring to its size and description, and "beanie," an alteration of the word "bean" made to rhyme with "weenie." It could also be a reference to a fast food restaurant with a similar name, or a dish with a similar name.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Bean Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Prefers to be called "Vertically Challenged Beanie."
- Weenie Beanie is now the basic plant of the Smarty class.
Despite being a very weak plant, you can take advantage of its cheap price and its bean tribe to spam many Weenie Beanies and activate the abilities of Bean Counter and Admiral Navy Bean many times, potentially wreaking havoc to your opponent. It can also act as a shield to block the hit of a powerful zombie and stall a turn. As Green Shadow, using these will be great, as you can boost it via Lily of the Valley or Onion Rings, especially the latter after gaining enough from Bean Counter and make your opponent use tricks on it. Be wary of instant-kill tricks like Rocket Science or Cut Down to Size if its strength gets too high.
Any zombie or trick can easily dispose of Weenie Beanie, due to its low stats. However, you'll want to destroy any Bean Counters or Admiral Navy Beans beforehand as they take advantage of Weenie Beanie with their abilities, which are quite troublesome. If it is boosted too far, use Rocket Science or another instant-kill card.
- Prior to update 1.2.11, it could only be obtained via Bean Counter, Cornucopia, Petal-Morphosis, or Seedling.
- In the second set of announcements in the news, there is an announcement saying that Weenie Beanie had appeared in hundreds of matches between Taco and Ultimate league players in the past month. It then jokes about if Weenie Beanie is too powerful, likely referring to its memetic nature outside of the game onto fandom-base.
- The reason for the large amount of appearances is most likely due to cards like Bean Counter or Mayflower adding Weenie Beanies to the plant hero's hand.