Weeds are Spawnable Plant ally units for the plants that appear in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. They are the plant counterparts to the Browncoat Zombie and, like the Browncoat Zombie, they have different variants that serve as equivalents to the Conehead, Buckethead and Flag Zombies as well as Newspaper Zombies, Screen Door Zombies, Exploding Imps, Coffin Zombie and Outhouse Zombie in the zombie version of Garden Ops called Graveyard Ops. They are spawnable in Herbal Assault (the reverse of Gardens and Graveyards) and they also appear as enemies in Graveyard Ops (the reverse of Garden Ops) in addition to spawning throughout the plant side of Backyard Battleground where they will engage in seemingly random fights with nearby Browncoats and other zombies.
Their name refers to the name given to a plant that is considered to be undesirable or "in the wrong place". The Weeds' melee attack is called Weed Whip, which deals 15 damage, and the ranged attack is called Seed Spit, which deals 15 damage. However, other variants have other attacks. Weeds use their ranged attack more frequently than their zombie equivalents.
The backbone of Crazy Dave's ground forces, these Weeds can grow just about anywhere.
The Halloweed might just frighten the pants off a zombie.
This clever disguise has absolutely no effect on Zombies, but it does provide extra armor!
These special weeds hatch from eggs every Spring.
The Weed is a dandelion-like plant with a cabbage-like head bearing two eyes and a mouth as well two "arms" protruding from the lower end of its stalk. At the lower end of its stalk there are zigzag leaves that serve as feet.
The normal Weed has less than or equal to 25 health. The health values of other weeds vary from the standard variant, for example Pumpkin Weeds have about 100 health, while Terracotta Weeds have around 180 health.
- Weed: Counterpart to the Browncoat Zombie.
- Pumpkin Weed: Counterpart to the Conehead Zombie.
- Terracotta Weed: Counterpart to the Buckethead Zombie.
- Leaf Shield Weed: Counterpart to the Newspaper Zombie.
- Wood Shield Weed: Counterpart to the Screen Door Zombie.
- Porcelain Vase Weed: Counterpart to the Outhouse Zombie.
- Vase Weed: Counterpart to the Coffin Zombie.
- Heal Weed: Counterpart to the Heal Zombie.
- Flag Weed: Grants a defensive boost to nearby plants, similar to the speed boost granted by Flag Zombie.
- Dandelion Weed: Walks up to enemies and explodes, similar the Exploding Imp.
- Hypno-shroom: Shoots blasts that damage zombies and occasionally attaches a beam to a zombie that impairs their zombie's vision and slowly drains their health.
- They were the first new Spawnable Plants introduced for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and are by far the most numerous ones.
- They are also the first spawnable plants that are not stationary turrets, instead, they are capable of actual movement.
- Coincidentally, a Browncoat Zombie variant exists that wears a pumpkin on its head too.
- However, the Pumpkin Browncoat doesn't nearly have as much health as a Pumpkin Weed, because the Pumpkin Weed is the equivalent to the Conehead Zombie while the Pumpkin Browncoat is re-styled Browncoat.
- So far, Hypno-shroom and Dandelion Weed are the only Weeds not to bear a visual resemblance to the original Weed.
- The message "The Plants are growing!" is the reverse of "The Zombies are coming!" message.
- Hypno-shroom is the only Weed that does not have a zombie counterpart.
- It's also the only "Weed" that's not a Weed, but instead, a mushroom.
- Weeds are described to hate sports equipment in the game, and they will attack Dummy Shields on sight unless they are attacking a player, similar to how Browncoats attack Tallnut Battlements.
- Sometimes when summoned or when they score a vanquish, the Weeds may laugh in an evil manner, although, this is hard to hear.
- They have a relatively high-pitched voice, though this is again hard to hear.
- Its Halloween costume variant, Halloweed is a pun and portmanteau of Halloween and Weed.
- The Feastivus Weed's helmet is available as a cosmetic item for the All-Star, known as "Ornament Helmet".
- There exists a rare glitch in Backyard Battleground where a Weed can sometimes spawn on the wrong side of the Backyard Battleground (the zombie side). Weeds can also sometimes wander into zombie territory if they spot a valid target there.