|Special||Releases zombie ice weasels when damaged|
|Absorbs||9.25 normal damage shots|
|First seen||Frostbite Caves - Day 22|
|Weasel Hoarder claims she's the one who wrote the song "Pop! Goes the Weasel." And for eons now, she's been demanding royalties for it. But everyone just ignores her. They know what Weasel Hoarder can't even carry a tune, much less write a catchy ditty about the sound of vermin make when hugged a bit too tightly.|
Weasel Hoarder is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that borrows the same properties to its western counterpart. As its namesake says, it uses a stockpile of Ice Weasels to attack the player's defenses, a trait that it shares with its western counterpart, Chicken Wrangler Zombie, if enough damage is dealt to it.
Zombie hiding in a log with a pack of snow weasels. Weasels are released when her log is shattered.
Special: Releases zombie ice weasels when damaged
Weasel Hoarder claims she's the one who wrote the song "Pop! Goes the Weasel." And for eons now, she's been demanding royalties for it. But everyone just ignores her. They know what Weasel Hoarder can't even carry a tune, much less write a catchy ditty about the sound of vermin make when hugged a bit too tightly.
Before releasing its Ice Weasels, the Weasel Hoarder is almost completely covered up by a weasel-infested log. The only parts of its body that are visible are the top of its head and its feet. Once its log is shattered, the Weasel Hoarder Zombie reveals its true appearance as of one similar to the basic Cave Zombie, except for the fact that it is adorned in other weasels and has a large bone attached through its hair.
Assuming that it's not covered by a log, Weasel Hoarder's appearance consists of donning a black hair pony-tailed by a bone and two orange weasels that cover its neck, serving as collar for its torso. Its attire consist of Ice Weasels surrounding its neck and its hips respectively and a brown torn jacket. Its shoes are composed of furs from weasels respectively.
Weasel Hoarder absorbs 9.25 normal damage shots and degrades upon absorbing 5 normal damage shots before dying at 9.25 normal damage shots. Upon absorbing 3 normal damage shots, the Weasel Hoarder's log will shatter, resulting in the release of a horde of seven Ice Weasels.
Far Future: Piñata Party
Like the Chicken Wrangler Zombie, this zombie can be very problematic if you do not prepare. However, after three normal damage shots are absorbed, a pack of Ice Weasels is released. Be sure to use Stunions and boosted Kernel-pults against this zombie to prevent it from releasing its Ice Weasels because Ice Weasels are harder to destroy than Zombie Chickens. This is because they take two hits to destroy, and are very fast. In addition, you can use the same strategy like you did to the Chicken Wrangler Zombies.
Using Chompers is a good idea, as these plants can instantly kill Weasel Hoarders without letting any Ice Weasels appear on your lawn. Boosted Chompers can instantly eat up more than one of this type on one lane without having to chew the zombie multiple times. The same goes with Toadstool.
Hurrikales are good idea against this zombie. It is best to combine it with Sweet Potatoes so that you can blow away these zombies to the right side of the screen, along with its Weasels. This can also help slow down these zombies in higher numbers.
The Shrinking Violet is another good choice against groups of Weasel Hoarders, as shrunken Weasel Hoarders will not release any Ice Weasels when damaged enough.
Any plant can prevent the Weasel Hoarder from releasing its Ice Weasels, provided it kills the Weasel Hoarder while still in the animation for releasing its Ice Weasels, but has not actually released the weasels yet. This is most easily done with an instant-kill plant.
Note that unlike Chicken Wrangler Zombie, Weasel Hoarder does not release Ice Weasel upon making contact with a plant. So it is easier to use any defensive plant to stop it for a moment.
- It is the only female zombie in Frostbite Caves.
- It is one of the only zombies to use natural armor.
- It is the third female zombie in the Plants vs. Zombies series, the first being Bikini Zombie and her variants, the second being Imp Mermaid Zombie, the fourth being Parasol Zombie, and the fifth being Glitter Zombie.
- In its Almanac entry, it references a popular nursery theme called Pop! Goes the Weasel.
- This may also reference Jack-in-the-Box Zombie, considering it plays a remixed version of it until it explodes.
- It is the fourth zombie to be able to release or use animals as weapons. The first three are Pirate Captain Zombie, Chicken Wrangler Zombie, and imp on top of the Zombie Bull.
- In the Frostbite Caves Part 2 trailer, it is seen reusing Zombie Yeti's yodel from Wabby Wabbo.
- Unlike Chicken Wrangler Zombie, it does not release weasels when coming into contact with a plant.
- As with Chicken Wrangler Zombie, it will not release weasels if it is killed while immobilized.
- Same as with Pharaoh Zombie and Camel Zombies, Weasel Hoarder will stop for a few moments when its log is destroyed. While it remains motionless, it releases Ice Weasels.
- If it eats a Hypno-shroom while it has its log, it will instantly release hypnotized Ice Weasels despite the log being intact still.
- In German translations, it is referred to as a male, while in any other version, it is referred to as a female.
- It hopping animation is the same as that of Chicken Wrangler Zombie, albeit faster.
- If Weasel Hoarder is the last frozen zombie left on the screen with all zombies neutralized. It dies instantly without releasing Ice Weasels. From this statement, it can be concluded that there are five ways a Weasel Hoarder can be killed without inducing Ice Weasels. The remaining four is by means of Power Toss, Toadstool, Chomper and shrinking it with Shrinking Violet.
- Two Weasel Hoarders can appear in the seed selection screen in Icebound Battleground, however, this occurrence is extremely rare.
- In the Travel Log, the Weasel Hoarder is called, "Weasel Hoarder Zombie".
- It is voiced by Lorien Gremore according to the credits.