|Tribe||Nut Root Plant|
|300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it.|
Water Chestnut is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 2 to play, and has 8. It has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits, and does not have any abilities.
In the boss battle for the mission Disco Inferno!, the plant hero starts with a Water Chestnut on the third lane.
It is based on a chestnut, an edible nut produced from trees in the beech family Fagaceae.
Its Amphibious trait is a reference to the word "water" in its name.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Nut Root Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it.
This is basically a Wall-Nut with more health and the Amphibious trait, but with a higher sun cost, so use this plant in the same manner as you do with a Wall-Nut. This can be an additional replacement for Wall-Nut
Its main reason to use it compared to a regular Wall-Nut is the Amphibious trait; using this, you can protect in the water lanes that Wall-Nut cannot. Planting some decently powerful amphibious plants behind it such as Cattail can make for a good strategy.
In addition, since it is a nut, it does benefit from Smackadamia's boost of +2, and since it has no damage, it does benefit from Spineapple's boost of +2. In addition, Mirror-Nut can benefit from it, since it does classify as a nut.
Destroy this plant in the same manner as you do with a Wall-Nut. It is only a slightly stronger Wall-Nut that can be planted in water. Rolling Stone is able to destroy it because of its lack of strength.
- Its right eye appears to be an eye lens.
- Despite its name, it is based on a sweet chestnut rather than a water chestnut.
- The word "Water" in Water Chestnut is a pun on its Amphibious trait.
- Its appearance resembles one of the Small Chestnuts from the Small Chestnut Team, a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It and Magic Beanstalk hold the second highest health-per-cost ratio of any plant fighter in the game, with 1 equating to 4. The highest card is Wall-Nut, with a ratio of 6 health for 1 sun.