|Tribe||Root Nut Plant|
|300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it.|
Water Chestnut is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 2 to play, and has 8. It has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits, and does not have any abilities.
In the boss battle for the mission Disco Inferno!, the plant hero starts with a Water Chestnut on the third lane.
It is based on a chestnut, an edible nut produced from trees in the beech family Fagaceae.
Its Amphibious trait is a reference to the word "water" in its name.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Root Nut Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it.
- Tribe order change: Nut Root → Root Nut
This is basically a Wall-Nut with more health and the Amphibious trait, but with a higher sun cost, so use this plant in the same manner as you do with Wall-Nut. This can be an additional replacement for Wall-Nut.
Its main reason to use it compared to a regular Wall-Nut is the Amphibious trait; using this, you can protect your plants on aquatic lanes. Planting some decently powerful Amphibious plants behind it such as Cattail can make for a good strategy.
In addition, since it is a nut, it does benefit from Smackadamia's boost of +2, and since it has no damage, it does benefit from Spineapple's boost of +2. In addition, Mirror-Nut can benefit from it, since it does classify as a nut.
Destroy this plant in the same manner as you do with a Wall-Nut. It is only a slightly stronger Wall-Nut that can be planted in the aquatic lane. Rolling Stone and Weed Spray are able to destroy it because of its lack of strength. If those aren't an option, resort to Amphibious zombies or damaging tricks.
- Its right eye has a visible iris, while its left does not.
- Despite its name, it is based on a sweet chestnut rather than a water chestnut.
- The word "Water" in Water Chestnut is a pun on its Amphibious trait.
- Its appearance resembles one of the Small Chestnuts from the Small Chestnut Team, a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It and Magic Beanstalk hold the second highest health-per-cost ratio of any plant fighter in the game, with 1 equating to 4. The highest card is Wall-Nut, with a ratio of 6 health for 1 sun.