|Tribe||Root Nut Plant|
|"300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it."|
Water Chestnut is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 2 to play, and has 8. It has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits, and does not have any abilities.
In the boss battle for the mission Disco Inferno!, the plant hero starts with a Water Chestnut on the third lane.
It is based on a chestnut, an edible nut produced from trees in the beech family Fagaceae.
Its Amphibious trait is a reference to the word "water" in its name.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Root Nut Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"300 laps a day, every day. That's how I do it."
- Tribe order change: Nut Root → Root Nut
Water Chestnut functions as a Wall-Nut with more health and the Amphibious trait, but also with a slightly higher sun cost, so use this plant in the same manner as you do with Wall-Nut. This can also be an additional replacement for Wall-Nut.
Its main reason to use it compared to a regular Wall-Nut is the Amphibious trait; using this, you can protect your plants from powerful Amphibious zombies up to Deep Sea Gargantuar. Playing some decently powerful Amphibious plants behind it such as Cattail can make for a good strategy.
In addition, since it is a nut, it benefits from Smackadamia's boost of +2, and since it has no strength, it does benefit from Spineapple's boost of +2. In addition, Mirror-Nut can benefit from it, since it does classify as a nut. It is also a root, meaning that it will get a small stat boost when played if there is a Starch-Lord on the field.
With its high health, Pecanolith can combo with this really well, turning it into a 8/8 plant for just 2 sun.
Destroy this plant in the same manner as you do with a Wall-Nut, as it is only a slightly stronger Wall-Nut that can be planted in the aquatic lane. Rolling Stone and Weed Spray are able to destroy it easily because of its lack of strength. If those aren't an option, resort to Amphibious zombies or damaging tricks.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Water Chestnut.
- Its right eye has a visible iris, while its left does not.
- It has the highest base health of any fighter with Amphibious along with any nut plant, with 8.
- Despite its name, it is based on a sweet chestnut rather than a water chestnut.
- Its appearance resembles one of the Small Chestnuts from the Small Chestnut Team, a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It and Magic Beanstalk hold the third highest health-per-cost ratio of any plant fighter in the game, with 1 equating to 4. The second highest card is Garlic, with a ratio of 5 health for 1 sun, and the highest is Wall-Nut, with a ratio of 6 health for 1 sun.