Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Range||2 tiles (forward and backward)|
|Special||Heats plants surrounding it|
|Direct damage||2 normal damage shots|
|Weakness||(immune to fire)|
|Unlocked|| NA: $6.99 · BRL: R$14,05|
EU: €6.99 · TR: ₺18.99
PL: 28,95zł · SG: $9.90
UK: £4.55 · AU: $8.99
ID: Rp99,000 · PHI: ₱315.77 MY: RM23.23 · Dk: kr55,00
|"The trick to proper whipping is all in the wrist," says Wasabi Whip. "Well, not the wrist, exactly, since I don't have any. You have to, like... BE the wrist."|
Wasabi Whip is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2, released in the 4.8 update as part of the Time Twister event. It is a melee attacker that hits zombies rapidly two squares ahead or behind it, similarly to Bonk Choy. Due to its fire-based attacks, it is immune to freezing and can heat plants surrounding it in Frostbite Caves.
Its appearance is based on the real life wasabi plant, which the flaming end of its whip pertains to the spiciness of its origin plant, and whip tool. Its name origin pertains to the small amount of Wasabi paste with the top resembling a whip.
Sun cost: 150
Wasabi Whips lash out with their flaming whips, delivering whuppings to zombies both in front and behind.
Special: Resists cold and warm plants around it.
"The trick to proper whipping is all in the wrist," says Wasabi Whip. "Well, not the wrist, exactly, since I don't have any. You have to, like... BE the wrist."
Plant Food effect
This plant can be considered an upgrade to the Bonk Choy, considering the equal sun cost, the slightly increased range and how much damage it deals. Wasabi Whip does two normal damage shots every half a second while Bonk Choy does one normal damage shot per 0.5 seconds. Bonk Choy can reach one space in front of it and one behind it, while Wasabi Whip can reach two spaces in front of it and behind it. Another difference is that Wasabi Whip gives priority to the zombies behind it.
Wasabi Whip's main downside is that it is a fire plant, meaning that it cannot be used well with ice plants like Winter Melon, so non-icing slowing plants like Sap-fling or Stallia should be used in conjunction with Wasabi Whip. However, its fire attacks are useful to heat up surrounding plants in Frostbite Caves, making it even more useful than Bonk Choy, and as it is a close range attacker, it is a good defrosting plant to keep the defensive plants warm.
To take the most advantage of it, the player should plant more than one column, otherwise it would not be effective against strong zombies. On levels where lots of zombies come together, Snapdragon or its cold variant are more advised, as Wasabi Whip can only target one zombie at a time. However, it should be kept in mind that Wasabi Whip has a higher damage per second.
Against specific zombies, remember that Wasabi Whips cannot damage Imp Dragon Zombies, as they are immune to fire damage. However, Wasabi Whip is still useful in Dark Ages for defeating Jester Zombies. They are also useful against Hunter Zombies due to their immunity to snowballs. This plant is highly useful when fighting Zombie Chickens and Ice Weasels due to its high attacking rate and high damage, allowing it to take out Weasels or Chickens in one hit.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Wasabi Whip.
- It attacks backwards faster than forwards.
- Its flame does not go out once watered in the Zen Garden. This make it the first plant with visible flames to do so.
- It is possible that the flame does not touch the water in the animation.
- In its Zen Garden animation, Wasabi Whip pulls out some sushi and snuggles it, as wasabi is a common condiment on sushi. The sushi looks similar to the one after an octopus is defeated.
- This makes it the only plant that has an additional object in its Zen Garden watering animation.
- Like Grapeshot, Cold Snapdragon and Bombegranate, this is a premium plant that offers more advantages for the same sun cost than the free plant with similar abilities, which can make it be considered as an upgrade of the said plant.
- In this case, Wasabi Whip is an upgrade to Bonk Choy.
- Coincidentally, all three plants cost 150 sun, and are immune to the freezing wind in Frostbite Caves (Grapeshot being an instant use, Cold Snapdragon being immune due to its fur, and Wasabi Whip being a thawing plant).
- The only differences aside from their utilities is that Wasabi Whip was released after Jurassic Marsh.
- It is the second plant to be based on a spice, the first being Red Stinger.
- In this case, it is based on the Japanese wasabi, as its name implies.
- It is the only plant based on wasabi.
- If the player turns down the music and hears a single Wasabi Whip whipping a zombie, they can hear "Japanese-like" fighting sounds coming from it.
- Its idle animation alludes to the art of fire dancing, in which flames are twirled around on sticks or wheels, generally in a circular or spiral motion.