In Plants vs. Zombies 2, it returns as an upgrade. This time, it is obtained after beating Wild West - Day 15 instead of paying coins. It retains the same functions as in Plants vs. Zombies, although it cannot restore the armor created by some defensive plants' Plant Food effects.
Wall-nut First Aid allows the player to plant new Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, Pumpkins, Garlics (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only), Infi-nuts, Pea-nuts, Sweet Potatoes, Chard Guards, Endurians, Celery Stalkers, Primal Wall-nuts, Explode-O-Nuts (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only), Bamboo Brothers and Hot Dates on top of damaged plants of the same kind without having to dig them up first. This allows the player to replace a defensive plant when a zombie is chewing on it without digging it up and giving the zombie a chance to escape.
Tall-nuts still cannot replace Wall-nuts without first digging up the Wall-nut, so keep this in mind if your strategy is to start off with cheaper Wall-nuts before replacing them with the stronger Tall-nuts.
Plants vs. Zombies
For the Plants vs. Zombies achievement Sunny Days, it is wise to have Wall-nut First Aid purchased, so you can easily replace the Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, or Pumpkins that the zombies are chewing on, while collecting sun as well.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
This feature is beneficial in levels that require the player to not lose a certain amount of plants, as well as Save Our Seeds levels. It is best to use it when the plant is either in its second or last degrade.
- The player cannot plant a new defensive plant over a non-degraded one, even if it has taken some damage. They are categorized as intact until they visually look like they have been bitten, or if a leaf is lost, in Chard Guard's case.
- It can only be used on an Endurian if it is in its second degrade.
- Even though Garlic is a defensive plant, this does not work on it in the first game. The same happens with Spikerock and Nightshade, the only other plants other than defensive plants that degrades.
- However, Garlic can be repaired with this in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Before the 2.8 update, it did not work on Pea-nut when it is was on the second degrade.
- It does not work on Red Stingers, even if they are in their defensive forms. This may be because Red Stinger is not always defensive.
- Before the 1.7 update of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and the 1.8 update in the Chinese version, it was obtained by unlocking the one-key gate in Wild West.