Wall-nut First Aid returns in Plants vs. Zombies 2 as an upgrade. This time, it is obtained after beating Wild West - Day 15 instead of paying coins. It retains the same functions as in Plants vs. Zombies, although it cannot restore the armor created by Wall-nut's, Tall-nut's, Pea-nut's, Endurian's, Primal Wall-nut's or Explode-O-Nut's Plant Food effect.
Wall-nut First Aid allows the player to plant new Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, Pumpkins, Garlics (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only), Infi-nuts, Pea-nuts, Sweet Potatoes, Chard Guards, Endurians, Celery Stalkers, Primal Wall-nuts, and Explode-o-nuts (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only) on top of damaged plants of the same kind without having to dig them up first. This allows the player to replace a defensive plant when a zombie is chewing on it without digging it up and giving the zombie a chance to escape.
Wall-nut First Aid does not work on any other plants.
Tall-nuts still cannot replace Wall-nuts without first digging up the Wall-nut, so keep this in mind if your strategy is to start off with cheaper Wall-nuts before replacing them with the stronger Tall-nuts.
Plants vs. Zombies
For the Plants vs. Zombies achievement Sunny Days, it is wise to have Wall-nut First Aid purchased, so you can easily replace the Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts, or Pumpkins that the zombies are chewing on, while collecting sun as well.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
This feature is beneficial in levels that require the player to not lose a certain amount of plants. It is best to use it when the plant is either in its second or last degrade.
- The player cannot plant a new defensive plant over a non-degraded one, even if it has taken some damage. They are categorized as intact until they visually look like they have been bitten, or if a leaf is lost, in Chard Guard's case.
- It can only be used on an Endurian if it is in its second degrade.
- Even though Garlic is a defensive plant, this does not work on it in the first game. The same happens with Spikerock and Nightshade, the only other plants other than defensive plants that degrades.
- However, Garlic can be repaired with this in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It does not work on the endangered Wall-nuts in the Save Our Seeds levels.
- However, it works on endangered Chard Guards and Primal Wall-nuts.
- Before the 2.8 update, it did not work on Pea-nut when it is was on the second degrade.
- It does not work on Red Stingers, even if they are in their defensive forms. This may be because Red Stinger is not always defensive.
- Before the 1.7 update of Plants vs. Zombies 2, it was obtained by unlocking the one-key gate in Wild West.