- For other uses, see Wall-nut (disambiguation).
Wall-Nut is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. He costs 1 to play, and has 6. He can also be made by Nut Signal, Wall-Nut Bowling, and Loco Coco. He has the Team-Up trait, and does not have any abilities.
In the boss battle of the mission To the Moon!, Citron starts with three Wall-Nuts on the second, third, and fourth lanes.
His description is a reference to his use, as he is used to protect other plants from damage.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Nut Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Works well with others. Says so, right there on his resume.
- Design change: Wall-Nut now has degrades that appear when he is hurt.
As the name implies, Wall-Nut's role is to take damage to protect either your hero, a powerful plant, or both. His cheap cost of 1 sun means that he can prevent most damage done to your hero at the first turn. Spineapple can also be played to apply pressure to the enemy by giving him +2 strength, allowing Wall-Nut to actually retaliate.
Because of his nut tribe, he can be given more health with Smackadamia, or be paired up with Mirror-Nut to make the zombie hero think twice about using damaging tricks on it. Pecanolith can also be used effectively with Wall-Nut, essentially turning him into a 6/6 plant for 1.
A cheap and early counter to Wall-Nut is Rolling Stone. Also, zombies with Deadly make quick work of him. If Wall-Nut is protecting a frail plant such as Mushroom Ringleader or Magnifying Grass, using Strikethrough zombies such as Hot Dog Imp, Line Dancing Zombie and Zombot Plank Walker can damage Wall-Nut and destroy the plant behind him. Super Brainz and Impfinity can use this advantage even further by giving the Deadly trait to the three aforementioned zombies via Super Stench. Laser Base Alpha also renders him virtually useless. Frenzy also works, but only if the zombie is powerful enough to destroy a Wall-Nut.
Alternatively, Neptuna can use Toxic Waste Imp combined with either Coffee Zombie or Possessed. Brain Freeze can use the same tactic with Toxic Waste Imp, but with Maniacal Laugh instead. However, for both cases, the Imp must survive the attack of the offensive plant behind the Wall-Nut, if there is one.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Wall-Nut (PvZH).
- He is one of the plants that can be seen in Mixed Nuts, along with Small-Nut and a plant that looks like Pismashio.
- For some reason, he has his Plants vs. Zombies art style appearance, while the hero based on him, Wall-Knight, has his Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance.
- At the beach that is the location for missions like Attack of the Tentacles!, there are three surfboards on the right side of the field. On one surfboard there is a picture of a Wall-Nut.
- When the player opens Plants vs. Zombies Heroes for the first time, two Wall-Nuts (one male and one female) will appear and the game will ask for the player's age. When the player moves the bar to select their age, the Wall-Nuts' appearances will change according to the age selected.
- He is the first plant card to have degrade stages, the second being Primal Wall-Nut.
- Despite the fact he uses his appearance from Plants vs. Zombies, when he degrades, he will keep smiling instead of frowning.
- He will only frown when he is destroyed.
- He is one of the three plants that can come from tricks, the Wall-Nut coming from Nut Signal or Wall-Nut Bowling. The others being Button Mushroom, which comes from More Spore, and Poison Mushroom, which comes from Mush-Boom.
- With a total of 6 for the cost of 1, he has the highest health-per-cost ratio of any card in the game, with one sun equating to six health.
- When Wall-Nut is frozen, only his eyes get affected visually, turning blue.
- In the collections menu, the player can see a Wall-Nut upside down on both the plant and zombie side if they swipe down.