|Abilities||A Zombie gets +3/+3.|
|Side effects include headaches, blurred vision, and insatiable hunger.|
Vitamin Z is a premium rare zombie trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability gives a selected zombie +3/+3. Its plant counterpart is Fertilize.
Its name is a portmanteau of the common everyday vitamins; A, B, C and D and "Z", referring to the zombies and how this is a zombie trick.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Gourmet Trick
- Ability: A Zombie gets +3/+3.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
Side effects include headaches, blurred vision, and insatiable hunger.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Rare
- ▲ Tribe added: Gourmet
There are plenty of ways to use this trick. You can use it on a weak zombie like Snorkel Zombie or Pied Piper to turn them into a moderate threat, or you can use it on stronger zombies like Smashing Gargantuar or Vimpire to make them even bigger threats. You can use it to keep useful zombies alive such as Gentleman Zombie and Zombie King. Vitamin Z can also make Newspaper Zombie and Jester big threats, as they can take more damage and deal good damage as well.
Zombies boosted by this trick can become quite powerful, so play carefully and try to expect it when playing against Beastly heroes. The best counters for this trick are Bouncing the boosted zombie, making the hero waste their brains, or simply using an instant-kill trick like Squash or Lawnmower. Brainana is able to prevent this trick from being played, unless there are more than one Gentleman Zombie on the field. Since most zombies boosted have their strength at or more than 4, you can play Doom-Shroom to destroy it, but beware of plants that are at 4 or more as well, as Doom-Shroom will destroy them as well. Alternatively, you can use Shamrocket, since it is guaranteed to destroy the boosted zombie if it had at least 1 initial strength point.
- Its description is a reference to how misuse of medication can cause negative side-effects.
- It also likely a reference to being a zombie, as it mentions insatiable hunger, as well as possible other effects to being a zombie like headaches and blurred vision.
- Despite it being the zombie counterpart of Fertilize, it is at Premium - Rare, rarer than the latter.
- This is possibly because the plant hero cannot retaliate against Vitamin Z until the next turn, so making this rarer makes up for it.