Vigorous Broccoli (大力花菜; pinyin: dàlì huācài) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. It picks up zombies using a suplex and throws them onto the ground, dealing about 13 normal damage shots. It can do this twice in a row before having to rest for 15 seconds. It can also work as a defensive plant.
Vigorous Broccoli is based on real life vegetable broccoli.
Note: Vigorous Broccoli's in-game recharge is Mediocre.
大力花菜 (Vigorous Broccoli)
Sun cost: 150
Vigorous Broccoli waves zombies attacking in the front and rear.
Range Details: One tile from it
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, it pulls a nearby zombie to it, tussles it, and flings it off the screen.
When fed with Plant Food, it does it's same old Plant Food effect but will proceed to toss the zombie back at others when finished tussling.
List of zombies it cannot grab (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only)
- Treasure Yeti
- Archmage Zombie
- Zombie King
- Imp Cannon
- Zombie Bull
- Gargantuar variants
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Disco-tron 3000
- Pianist Zombie
- Prospector Zombie
- Fisherman Zombie
- Lion Dancer Zombie
- God of Wealth
- Zombies that are encased in amber due to Sap-fling's upgrade
- Frozen zombies
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Vigorous Broccoli.
- It, Bonk Choy, and Wasabi Whip are the only plants that attack zombies using their armlike extensions.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- It and White Radish are the only defensive plants that do not regain their health or gain armor when given Plant Food.
- When Plant Food is used on costumed Vigorous Broccoli, it makes the same noise that Bonk Choy (when twirling the zombie around) and Citron make when given Plant Food (when throwing the zombie).
- When it attacks, it makes the same noise Squash makes(When the zombie hits the ground from the suplex).
- It, Endurian, its counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies Online, Red Stinger, Pea-nut, Explode-O-Nut (in Plants vs. Zombies 2), and Kiwibeast are the only plants that have both offensive and defensive abilities.
- With Plant Food, it can even grab a Zombie Parrot (as it is normally unable to), and toss it like its costumed Plant Food projectile (if costumed).
- It and Anthurium are the only two Chinese-only plants that have multiple costumes.
- In Vigorous Broccoli's case, it wears a super hero mask on Android and a Santa hat on iOS.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
- Its seed packet was the same as one for an upgrade plant, even though it was not an upgrade plant.
- When it grabbed a Snorkel Zombie, it only showed the head.
- Vigorous Broccoli had a different coloration in Journey to the West than it did anywhere else.
- Based on its coloration, it might have been based on a cauliflower, even though the plant's name says the contrary.