- For other uses, see Venus Flytrap.
Venus Flytrap is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 3 to play, and has 2/2. It does not have any traits, and its ability heals the plant hero for the equal amount of damage it does. Its zombie counterpart is Nurse Gargantuar.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flytrap Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When this does damage, heal your Hero for that much.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"Mom always said, 'If you leave your trap open like that, you'll catch Zombies.' So I did."
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
While this plant has below average stats for a plant that costs 3 sun, Venus Flytrap can be a big threat when used correctly. Making this plant do bonus attacks is helpful, especially when you are low on health.
Increasing its strength is also helpful too, since Venus Flytrap heals the amount of damage it inflicts on a target. For example, destroying an unboosted Zombie when Venus Flytrap has 5 strength heals the plant hero for 5 health. However, since the amount healed is equal to the damage inflicted, Armored zombies will decrease the amount healed, while Shielded zombies and Super-Blocks will outright prevent it from healing. This is extremely helpful with Chompzilla with Espresso Fiesta, being able to heal entirely if you buff it.
It is recommended to use this along with Pepper M.D. because as Venus Flytrap hurts zombies, you will be healed, giving Pepper M.D. a boost.
Try to remove this plant as soon as possible, because as long as it does damage to zombies, it keeps healing your opponent. Using cards that can destroy it such as Rolling Stone, Bungee Plumber, and Locust Swarm, or cards that decrease its strength such as Landscaper and Nibble is advised. Using zombies with the Armored trait or are Shielded can mitigate or prevent Venus Flytrap from healing. Knight of the Living Dead outright stops it from healing. If it gets too powerful for you to handle, your opponent may be unstoppable to defeat due to excessive health regeneration, so destroying it early is a priority.
- Its description references how venus flytraps leave their "mouth" open to eat their prey.
- Multiple Venus Flytraps are featured in the Venus Flytraplanet environment.
- According to one of Chompzilla's Hero Quests, Venus Flytrap is female.
- Mars Flytrap's description supports this, saying that it (a male plant) loves Venus Flytrap.