|"I'm sorry, it's just... I have nothing interesting to say."|
It is based on the plant in real life with the same name.
Its name is a pun on the aforementioned plant, and the adjective meaning of "vanilla," describing the simplest version of something, without any optional extras, basic or ordinary, referring to its lack of traits and abilities. And possibly the vanilla flavor of ice cream, often described as boring and flavorless.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"I'm sorry, it's just... I have nothing interesting to say."
- Description change: Quotation marks were added on the start and end of its description.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Vanilla has decent stats for a 3 plant, although it has a lack of traits and abilities that makes it outclassed later on. If you are playing as Rose, it can provide a use in conjunction with Briar Rose and Power Flower. Because of its stats, it is immune to a variety of instant-kill cards such as Rolling Stone, Weed Spray, and Rocket Science, the only exception being Slammin' Smackdown.
This plant is relatively harmless, but early on in the game, it can prove to be a moderate threat due to its somewhat above-average stats for a 3 plant. In addition, the two aforementioned flowers can make this more formidable. The best way to dispose of this is to use something cheap, but strong at the same time. Tennis Champ and Cuckoo Zombie destroy this with ease. If you are desperate, tricks are an alternative way to get rid of this plant.
Electrobolt is the best counter to this plant, since it can do enough damage to destroy this plant and is also cheaper. As The Smash, you can use Pied Piper or Nibble to lower its stats, so that Vanilla is within the range of Rolling Stone and Weed Spray. You can also use Slammin' Smackdown, although there will most likely be better targets for it.
- Before update 1.2.11, its description was grammatically incorrect, since its description is a quote from it, but there were no quotation marks at the start or end of the description.
- It, Banana Split and Half-Banana are the only plants that attack zombies with ice cream.
- It is also the only one that's not in the Banana tribe.
- Coincidentally, they all fire the same projectile when attacking.
- Its description is a reference to the fact that it has no traits or abilities.