Valkyrie is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. She costs 3 to play, and has 6. She does not have any traits, and her ability gives her +2 every time a zombie is destroyed when the zombie hero is holding her in their hand.
Her name and appearance are based on a valkyrie, one of a host of female figures in Norse mythology who chooses those who may die in battle and those who may live.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Dancing History Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: While in your hand: This gets +2 when a Zombie is destroyed.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
It's not easy hitting those high notes when all you can sing is, "Braaaaains."
- Rarity change: Super-Rare → Legendary
- Animation change: Legendary shine added.
- ▲ Tribe added: Dancing
Valkyrie is a unique card, starting with no strength points. However, while she is in the player's hand, she gains 2 strength points for every zombie that was destroyed. This allows the player to keep her until late-game when she becomes capable of destroying anything or play her early to mid-game where she has a decent amount of strength points and can become a threat.
It is best to play this zombie later in the game, due to many zombies having most likely been destroyed at that point, therefore, making this zombie even more powerful. If the player does not want to go offensive at the moment or needs to block a hit from a strong plant, they can use Valkyrie, which, due to her high base health, can be tough to destroy. However, due to her strong late-game potential, this is generally not a good idea.
Each Crazy hero has their own strategy for using Valkyrie:
- Professor Brainstorm can use his Brainy cards to make good use of Valkyrie. He can use Teleport to play a very powerful Valkyrie during the Zombie Tricks phase without the threat of plant tricks, or on Mustache Monument to instantly have her attack before your opponent can do a thing. Lurch for Lunch can also be used on Valkyrie, which can land heavy damage on a plant in her way or the opponent. You can also use Parasol Zombie to prevent her from being destroyed by tricks.
- Electric Boogaloo can use instant-kill tricks such as Locust Swarm and B-flat to clear the way for Valkyrie, along with stat boosting tricks such as Vitamin Z and Yeti Lunchbox to boost her. He can also play Area 22 or Maniacal Laugh on Valkyrie to easily end the game with Frenzy.
- Impfinity can Bounce plants in Valkyrie's way, or combine her with Laser Base Alpha to make her more dangerous. Try to avoid using Firefighter, Mixed-Up Gravedigger, or In-Crypted, because her stats will be reset.
- Z-Mech will be able to protect Valkyrie better. He can use cards like Rock Wall, Healthy Treat, and Cone Zone to boost her health. Z-Mech can also protect her from damage with Escape through Time and Zombot Battlecruiser 5000. If Valkyrie is damaged, she can be healed using Medic. Going Viral, a cheap way to give Valkyrie Frenzy, is also available to Z-Mech.
Try to keep Valkyrie in your hand during the mulligan to maximize her ability.
Since the Crazy class has a lot of zombies with low health such as Barrel of Deadbeards, Exploding Imp, and Disco Zombie, the player shouldn't have much trouble boosting her. In addition, the Crazy class also has many cards that do damage to plants blocking Valkyrie, such as Conga Zombie, Gizzard Lizard, Bungee Plumber and The Chickening.
If gained via Interdimensional Zombie, Portal Technician, or Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur, this zombie is a useless wall since her ability cannot activate. Allow your opponent to destroy her to make room for more zombies, use her for Evolution, or play Final Mission to speed up the process and do 4 damage. Alternatively, you can Bounce her with Secret Agent or Firefighter so that she can function normally. However, only Super Brainz, Huge-Gigantacus, and Immorticia can do this normally.
As of the Triassic Triumph update, Valkyrie is now a dancing card. But despite that, she won't go well with Aerobics Instructor due to Valkyrie being a mid to late-game play, where Aerobics Instructor can be destroyed easily before its ability activates. However, she can synergize normally with Flamenco Zombie due to its ability taking effect instantly.
It is best to Bounce Valkyrie if she has high strength since when bounced, she loses all of her strength points. Alternatively, the player can use an instant-kill trick such as Squash or Lawnmower, although Professor Brainstorm can give this zombie Untrickable. In this case, you can use Eyespore or Cob Cannon, although they are harder to use. Avoid using all your cards and having nothing to block Valkyrie, because you can lose the game easily. Freezing her is also a good idea. If you are playing against Professor Brainstorm, be careful as he can Teleport her in, or use Lurch for Lunch or Mustache Monument on her to end the game quickly. If you are a Solar hero, Wing-Nut can counter the Valkyrie and bonus attack combo, although Professor Brainstorm can use Exploding Fruitcake to instantly destroy it. If you are playing as a Smarty hero, you can also prevent this with Brainana.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Valkyrie.
- In the old title screen, Valkyrie appears without her pink makeup on her cheeks. However, she appears with the makeup in-game.
- Potted Powerhouse, Trickster, Valkyrie, and Reincarnation are the only cards that have an ability that takes place only while in the plant or zombie hero's hand.
- Her description mentions that the only thing she can sing is "Braaaaains." However, she sings another song when she is played.
- She and Tankylosaurus have the most health of all zombies in the Crazy class.