To me, these are the most awesome plants! In order, they are:
1st: The Gloom-shroom:
- Can severely damages all zombies around it with an attack rate of 4 normal damage per second. Perfectly used with Garlics, Movement-restricting plants (Snow Pea, Kernel-pult,e.t.c), Defensive plants (Wall-nut, Tall-nut, Pumpkin).
- Medium-high cost, especially in Day, Pool and Roof levels.
- Short range.
- Can be smashed by Vehicle Zombies, Gargantuars and Giga-Gargantuars if they appear in the same lane as the Gloom-shroom or killed by Jack-in-the-Box explosions.
2nd: The Winter Melon:
- Can deals heavy damage and slows down groups of zombies. A Winter Melon can severely weakens a Gargantuar if planted far enough.
- Very high cost.
- Slow attack rate.
- Zombonis are immune to the slowing effect.
3rd: The Cob Cannon:
- Acts just like a reusable Cherry Bomb.
- Can't be targeted by Bungee Zombies.
- Highest sun cost in the game. (100 x 2 + 500 (+ 25 x 2 if on Lily Pads or Flower Pots))
- Can't be protected by Pumpkins.
- Uses up 2 spaces.
- Long time between cobs' recharge.
- Can be eaten like normal plants.
4th: The Gatling Pea:
- Can be bought after level 3-4 (the first upgrade attacking plant).
- High attack rate.
- Non-AoE plant.
- Very weak if not used with Torchwood.
- High cost.
5th: The Doom-shroom:
- Cheaper than Cherry Bomb and Jalapeno (don't count the Coffee Bean).
- Very large exploding area (about 5x6).
- Higher cost in Day, Pool and Roof levels.
- Leaves a crater that can't be planted on.
Those are my favorite plants.
So what's yours?
Note: No "A Wikia Contributor"s comments.