Super Sticky Goop
Unicorn Chomper is a Special variant of Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The Unicorn Chomper is unlocked when the player reaches rank 313, the maximum rank in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. The Unicorn Chomper is also given a unique ability named Rainbow Warp, which makes the Unicorn Chomper quickly run forward a short distance, similar to the Scientist's Warp. This ability is an alternate ability to the normal Burrow ability, exclusively for this variant. His standard attack was revealed in a live stream to be called the Unicorn Chomp. The deadline to obtain this character was February 28, 2017, and can no longer be obtained as of now.
With his mystic horn and toothy grin, the Unicorn Chomper isn't just the rarest of the rare, he's the coolest of the cool. Impress and dazzle friends and enemies alike!
Awarded to only the most dedicated Garden Warfare players, the Unicorn Chomper is beyond rare.
The Unicorn Chomper's primary weapon is called the Unicorn Chomp. It deals 25 damage just like the regular Chomp. So basically it's the same as the regular Chomp other than the fact that it has a different name.
Goop is Chompers' only "ranged" attack, purple goo is spit out. If an enemy is directly hit, they will take light amounts of damage over time, obtain lower speed (including turning around), and preventing the use of their abilities, making the zombie an easy target to chomp.
Burrow allows the Chomper burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly or to ambush zombies. Can easily be countered by Engineer's Sonic Grenade. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Not moving will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. The player may remain motionless once activating Burrow for approximately 15 seconds before being forced back to the surface.
Chomper deploys a Spikeweed, which snare zombies that step on it, making it defenseless from its adversaries and hung upside-down (deals 25x2 damage) for a short period of time or until being vanquished. Any zombies using improvised armor will have their armor destroyed by being caught in a Spikeweed, leaving them vulnerable. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies. The player can have three Spikeweeds.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop renders an enemy zombie unable to move, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is twice of the normal goop and its damage is halved.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is just like Burrow, but faster and leaves the player underground with a shorter time.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
The Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather deals a great amount of damage. This is useful for attacking Foot Soldiers on the rooftops.
- ▲ Decreased the digestion time after a chomp escape (i.e. your victim got away using anti-chomp ability like jackhammer)
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to the camera in GW1
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers
- His appearance resembles Bjorn from the Peggle series, another game series created by PopCap Games.
- He is the only Chomper to have visible nostrils.
- His Rainbow Warp ability has the same animation as the Spikeweed ability, during the sequence where a Chomper appears to "vomit" up a Spikeweed.
- He is the only Chomper, and the only plant for that matter, to have visible gums.
- He is the third plant to have human teeth. The first is the Chester Chomper, and the second is the Disco Chomper.
- Him, Chester Chomper, Law Pea, Agent Pea, and Yeti Chomper are the only plants to have hair without the use of customization.
- Unicorn Chomper and Z7 Imp are the only two Special characters. Both cannot be obtained normally through the game, as you must reach rank 313 in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for Unicorn Chomper and pre-order Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (or buy the Deluxe Edition of the game) for the Z7 Imp.
- They appear in Graveyard Ops in the special wave "Mystic Mayhem".
- Creative Director Justin Wiebe mentions on Twitter that there are currently no plans to either extend the character's deadline or make him available for purchase.
- While Unicorn Chomper is currently unobtainable after the deadline, his bobblehead stand can still be seen in the stats room, likely hinting that he could be available sometime in the future.