Unicorn Chomper is a Special variant of Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The Unicorn Chomper is unlocked when the player reaches rank 313, the maximum rank in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. The Unicorn Chomper is also given a unique ability named Rainbow Warp, which makes the Unicorn Chomper quickly run forward a short distance, similar to the Scientist's Warp. This ability is an alternate ability to the normal Burrow ability, exclusively for this variant. His standard attack was revealed in a live stream to be called the Unicorn Chomp. The deadline to obtain this character was February 28, 2017, (excluding Super Mix Modes) and can no longer be obtained as of now.
With his mystic horn and toothy grin, the Unicorn Chomper isn't just the rarest of the rare, he's the coolest of the cool. Impress and dazzle friends and enemies alike!
Awarded to only the most dedicated Garden Warfare players, the Unicorn Chomper is beyond rare.
The Unicorn Chomper's primary weapon is called the Unicorn Chomp. It deals 25 damage just like the regular Chomp.
Goop is one of Chomper's only ranged attack. Activating it shoots out a purple spitball in whatever direction the Chomper is facing. If it lands on a Zombie, it covers them in purple goop. While the Zombie is "gooped", it moves slower and cannot turn around as fast. This ability takes 7 seconds to recharge after being used.
The Chomper burrows underground and digs in any desired direction. The Chomper cannot be harmed while underground. If the Chomper manages to dig it's way under a Zombie, it can burst out of the ground and eat it. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Moving slower will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. If the Chomper doesn't move at all while underground, after approximately 15 seconds, it will be forced back to the surface.
This ability has 3 charges. Chomper deploys a Spikeweed in front of itself. Enemies that stand on it will take 50 damage (25x2) and get hung into the air for a few seconds. While the Spikeweed is holding the Zombie, the Zombie cannot attack. Swallowing Zombies caught in Spikeweeds gives the Chomper another Spikeweed charge. Once the Spikeweed drops the Zombie, the Spikeweed instantly dies. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop completely immobilizes any zombies struck by it, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is almost twice as long as the normal goop (15 seconds), and it deals half the damage as the normal goop.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is a faster, but shorter version of Burrow.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
Cheesy Goop (GW1 only)
An alternate ability of Goop, Cheesy Goop deals much more damage than its two other counterparts (5 with 10 damage over time) however the ability has a much higher cooldown (double that of Goop, like Super Sticky Goop).
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Vampweed doesn't deal any damage, but it will heal you a total of 40 hp (10x4 hp) and still snaring zombies. Like the Spiky Spikeweed, only 2 can be stockpiled at a time.
An alternate ability of Goop, the Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather launches a projectile from the Chomper's mouth after a second that deals a great amount of damage if it hits a zombie. This is useful for attacking Zombies on the rooftops.
- ▲ Decreased the digestion time after a chomp escape (i.e. your victim got away using anti-chomp ability like jackhammer)
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to the camera in GW1
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers
- His appearance resembles Bjorn from the Peggle series, another game series created by PopCap Games.
- The rainbow that streaks after Unicorn Chomper uses his ability "Rainbow Warp" assembles Bjorn's power.
- He is the only Chomper to have visible nostrils.
- He is the third plant to have human teeth. The first is the Chester Chomper, and the second is the Disco Chomper.
- He, Chester Chomper, Law Pea, Agent Pea, and Yeti Chomper are the only plants to have hair without the use of customization.
- Unicorn Chomper and Z7 Imp are the only two Special characters. Both cannot be obtained normally through the game, as you must reach rank 313 in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for Unicorn Chomper and pre-order Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (or buy the Deluxe Edition of the game) for the Z7 Imp.
- They appear in Graveyard Ops in the special wave "Mystic Mayhem."
- Creative Director Justin Wiebe mentions on Twitter that there are currently no plans to either extend the character's deadline or make him available for purchase.
- While Unicorn Chomper is currently unobtainable after the deadline, his bobblehead stand can still be seen in the stats room.
- He is still playable in certain Mystery Portal events, allowing those who did not reach max rank in Garden Warfare to level him up and reach the final rank of 5455.
- His deadline was in the month of Feburary, which was when Garden Warfare and Garden Warfare 2 were released.