Turquoise Skull Zombie
|Absorbs||12 normal damage shots|
|Special||Instantly kills any plant in the 4 tiles in front of it and farther after stealing sun, stolen sun cannot be retrieved|
|Weakness|| (stunning abilities)|
(cannot be burned)
(triggers rush attack)
(can't be burned if ready to bounce)
(can't be burned if hiding)
|First seen||Lost City - Day 27|
|Unlike the more famous crystal skulls, turquoise skulls are totally non-mysterious and common as dirt.|
Turquoise Skull Zombie is a zombie encountered in Lost City. In a similar manner to Ra Zombie, it steals sun, but can also use its turquoise-colored skull to burn the player's plants up to four tiles in front of it. The zombie does not need sun in order to do the latter. If it manages to steal sun from the player, the beam's range will be increased and the sun will not be returned to the player when the zombie dies, unlike Ra Zombie.
Uses skull to steal sun, then unleashes energy in a destructive beam.
Unlike the more famous crystal skulls, turquoise skulls are non-mysterious and common as dirt.
Turquoise Skull Zombie absorbs 12 normal damage shots and degrades upon absorbing 6 normal damage shots before dying at 12 normal damage shots.
The instant kill abilities of Turquoise Skull Zombie can quickly become a problem, especially in Temple of Bloom, when it is accompanied by a group of Buckethead Adventurer Zombies, Excavator Zombies, Parasol Zombies, or worse, Porter Gargantuars.
The main weakness of this zombie is its own ability to steal sun, as it keeps it from being overpowered. As it will always try to steal sun before burning the plants in front of it, the player should focus on killing it. If more expensive plants are close to Turquoise Skull Zombie and it has not been killed yet, it is perhaps best to dig the plants up. Turquoise Skull Zombie, however, only uses its attack when plants are in close range; therefore, if the player removes plants from its range or it is far away, it cannot use the attack. Also, unlike zombies such as Gargantuar Prime, Wizard Zombie, and Octo Zombie, their attacks do not stack up and can be effectively stalled, akin to Jester Zombie, Hunter Zombie, and Excavator Zombie.
Guacodile can help stop these zombies, as they begin to rush when Turquoise Skull Zombie shoots them with its laser. Ghost Pepper can also be useful to defeat this zombie and a group of Lost City zombies. Kernel-pult may be useful to stop these zombies, but only when you have two or three columns of them. Spikeweed or Spikerock could be useful, as its beams cannot destroy those plants. One attack from Magnifying Grass will instantly kill one of them.
Infi-nut can be useful as a defensive plant against this zombie because, unlike other defensive plants, Infi-nut can recover once shot by the laser of the Turquoise Skull Zombie. It is not recommended to use Infi-nut's Plant Food ability, as its force field can be easily destroyed by this zombie.
- Turquoise Skull Zombie bears a strong resemblance to Archimedes Q. Porter from Tarzan and Dr. John Hammond from Jurassic Park.
- The skull used by Turquoise Skull Zombie is an obvious reference to the crystal skull in the Indiana Jones movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- This is further proven by its Almanac entry, which references crystal skulls.
- The zombie itself has a very similar appearance to Henry Jones from the Indiana Jones series.
- Despite stealing sun, Turquoise Skull Zombie still appears in Lost City - Day 32 and certain Special Delivery Piñata Parties. This is because it does not need sun to attack.
- However, it does need sun to expand the laser beam's attack range, so that it can attack further plants.
- Sun about to be stolen by this zombie becomes blue instead of red, unlike the color of Ra Zombie's sun.
- Turquoise Skull Zombie's laser can kill hypnotized Gargantuars and other hypnotized zombies in one shot.
- Unlike when killed by Explorer Zombie's torch, an Infi-nut hologram will be "burned" but the projector will stay if it gets hit by the laser beam.
- Turquoise Skull Zombie deals the most damage to plants, with over 200, even more than the longer-ranged laser of a Gargantuar Prime. Therefore, it can destroy Infi-nut's shield even at full health.
- The beam created by Turquoise Skull Zombie is similar to Gargantuar Prime's laser.
- It is similar to Explorer Zombie, as they both burn plants and have the same health.
- However, Turquoise Skull Zombie, along with Gargantuar Primes, do not bring fiery objects with them that needs to come in contact with a plant to burn it. Rather, they both use lasers to incinerate targets from a farther, safer range.
- Its walking animation is the same as Ra Zombie's and Boombox Zombie's.
- It is slightly smaller in size than regular zombies.
- The skull loosely resembles the mosaic mask of Quetzalcoatl.
- Unlike Ra Zombie, Turquoise Skull Zombie's eyes don't turn red from stealing sun.
- It will not charge its laser if all the plants on its row cannot be hit by the laser. (i.e. Spikeweed, Celery Stalker, etc.)
- Even when hypnotized by Hypno-shroom, it still uses its crystal skull and fires it towards the player's house.