Turbo Twister is the second ability for Super Brainz in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, Super Brainz will spin in a manner similar to the Jester Zombie. While spinning, it will deal 6 damage continuously to plants it hits. This ability will slow down the affected plants while increasing Super Brainz' speed. Super Brainz also takes 65% less damage while using this ability, similar to abilities like Engineer's Big Bolt Blaster. It can be canceled early if he is hit by an attack that does knockback such as Big Stump's Club Bash.
The Turbo Twister transforms Super Brainz into a chaotic whirlwind, damaging Plants as they're sucked towards him.
Pairing this with Heroic Kick can help you quickly take opponents who are caught out of position. This can also be used to escape plants if you are at low health as you take much less damage while using the ability.
The Turbo Twister can be hard to escape, slowing down any plant caught in it. Using the Chomper's Spikeweed or Burrow, Rose's Time Snare or Goatify, Citron's Spin Dash or EMPeach will force Super Brainz to automatically cancel the ability, only if they end up managing to run into it. It is also not recommended to attack Super Brainz when he's using this ability due to the fact he will severely reduce damage dealt to him unless he's at critically low health.
- ▲ Whirlwind cooldown decreased from 30s to 24s
- ▲ Whirlwind damage increased from 5 to 8
- Minor speed improvement to Turbo Twister but at the cost of decreased his armor while in Turbo Twister
- ▼ Reduced damage absorption for Turbo Twister by 15%
- ▼ Slightly increased Turbo Twister cool down
- ▼ Slightly reduced Turbo Twister movement speed
- ▼ Removed ability to cancel Super Brainz Turbo Twister
- ▼ Decreased damage of Turbo Twister from 8 to 6.
- ▼ Decreased Turbo Twister speed reduction effect on enemies from 50% to 25%.
- There was a bug in which if a Chomper attempts to swallow Super Brainz while he is using this, it would not stop and continue, damaging the Chomper until the animation of Chomper eating finishes. This was fixed in the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC.
- Despite the fact that you can no longer manually cancel Turbo Twister, if the player presses the ability button again, the rumbling on the controller will stop while the ability is active.