Turbo Twister is the second ability for Super Brainz in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, Super Brainz will spin in a manner similar to the Jester Zombie. While spinning, it will deal 8-9 damage continuously to plants it hits. This ability will slow down the affected plants while increasing Super Brainz' speed. Super Brainz also takes 65% less damage while using this ability, similar to abilities like Engineer's Big Bolt Blaster. It can be canceled early if he is hit by an attack that does knockback such as Big Stump's Club Bash.
The Turbo Twister transforms Super Brainz into a chaotic whirlwind, damaging Plants as they're sucked towards him.
Pairing this with Heroic Kick can help you quickly take opponents who are caught out of position. If you are unable to reach your opponents, do not be afraid to cancel this ability, which will give access to your other abilities and primary weapon after cancelling the ability.
The Turbo Twister can be hard to escape, slowing down any plant caught in it. Using the Chomper's Spikeweed or Burrow, Rose's Time Snare or Goatify, Citron's Spin Dash or EMPeach will force Super Brainz to automatically cancel the ability, only if they end up managing to run into it. It is also not recommended to attack Super Brainz when he's using this ability due to the fact he will severely reduce damage dealt to him.
- It bears a resemblance to Kirby's Tornado ability.
- In the beta, it was only able to do 5 damage every second.
- In the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC, Super Brainz' speed while using this ability was increased, but at the cost of lower defense.
- There was a bug in which if a Chomper attempts to swallow Super Brainz while he is using this, it would not stop and continue, damaging the Chomper until the animation of Chomper eating finishes. This was fixed in the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC, there were several nerfs to it, including slightly decreasing the speed, increasing the recharge time, dealing slightly less damage and also making it so it can't be cancelled manually.
- It is the only Super Brainz ability that has an alliterative name.