|Absorbs||22.5 normal damage shots|
|Special||Summons three frozen Yeti Imps, only one Troglobite is on each lane|
|Weakness|| Lobbed-shot plants|
(Plant Food melts frozen blocks and kills Yeti Imp)
(via Plant Food)
(Prevents Troglobite from pushing its frozen blocks when shrunken)
|First seen||Frostbite Caves - Day 17|
|Troglobite has been pushing ice blocks across the tundra day in and day out for as long as he can remember. It's cold and exhausting work, and frankly, he's ready for a vacation. He'd like to go somewhere sunny and warm for a change. He'd like to relax in the sand. He hears Big Wave Beach is nice this time of year.|
Troglobite is a zombie encountered in the Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. A Troglobite always appears pushing three frozen blocks (or more), each with Yeti Imp inside, crushing any plant in its way.
Its name is a portmanteau of the words "troglodyte," a cave dweller, and "bite," referring to how it can eat plants and the player's brains. It may also be based on a troglobite, a real life type of animal that lives entirely in the dark parts of a cave.
Strong zombie that can push blocks of ice across the lawn.
Troglobite has been pushing ice blocks across the tundra day in and day out for as long as he can remember. It's cold and exhausting work, and frankly, he's ready for a vacation. He'd like to go somewhere sunny and warm for a change. He'd like to relax in the sand. He hears Big Wave Beach is nice this time of year.
Troglobite absorbs 22.5 normal damage shots and degrades upon absorbing 11.5 normal damage shots before dying at 22.5 normal damage shots.
Far Future: Piñata Party
Troglobites can be very dangerous, as they can quickly crush plants on the front columns, so when they stop to rest, it is recommended to use Hot Potato to melt the ice block closest to a plant. Lobbed-shot plants like Pepper-pult are recommended only if not teamed with Weasel Hoarder. It is also recommended to bring a plant like Fume-shroom or Laser Bean, that can hit the ice blocks as well as the Troglobite itself.
Infi-nut's force field blocks Troglobite from pushing frozen Yeti Imps over its barrier, making it a useful plant to pick when facing against them. It is also useful to note that Troglobites cannot push frozen blocks over slider tiles, making them a way to block Troglobites. Do not forget that the Troglobite can also push any frozen plants that it encounters, making it even more dangerous to your defenses.
Banana Launcher may be useful to defeat Troglobite, since projectiles launched by Banana Launcher can destroy the row of ice blocks pushed by Troglobite. It is advisable to have between two to three Banana Launchers to destroy rows of frozen blocks at regular levels in Frostbite Caves.
Troglobite about to push an ice block.
Troglobite pushed an ice block.
- It is the second zombie to mention other areas in Plants vs. Zombies 2, the first being Buckethead Cowboy.
- Big Wave Beach is mentioned in its Almanac entry.
- It shares the same body structure and animation of Octo Zombie, Arcade Zombie and Jurassic Bully.
- Even if the player hypnotizes it with a Hypno-shroom, it still pushes ice blocks towards the player's house.
- It is one of six zombies that spawn Imps, the others being Gargantuar and its variants, Imp Cannon, Barrel Roller Zombie, Zombie Bull, and Dr. Zomboss.
- If a Troglobite is killed off-screen before it can push all three of its ice blocks on the lawn, the blocks will remain out of sight, and the level will not be completed until the off-screen blocks are destroyed. This can be done with a Jalapeno, Ghost Pepper, or a ranged Plant Food attack such as Citron's.
- It, Imp Porter, Zombie King, Arcade Zombie and Hair Metal Gargantuar's shockwave are the only zombies that can kill Spikerock instantly.
- There is an achievement involving Troglobites called Iceblockade, which requires the player not to let Troglobites push ice blocks past the sixth column.
- If more than one Troglobite spawn in the same lane at the same time, their ice blocks will simply form a line of them, and each Troglobite can push the line of them.
- The birthday gifts it pushes in its Birthdayz costume change appearances five times before revealing the Yeti Imps.
- It, Basic Zombie, Dr. Zomboss, Shield Zombie, Knight Zombie, Wizard Zombie, Snorkel Zombie, Octo Zombie, Lost Pilot Zombie, Relic Hunter Zombie, Boombox Zombie, and Jurassic Zombie are the only zombies that have represented the game icon.
- It, Zombie King, Gargantuar Prime, Mecha-Football Zombie, Surfer Zombie, Fisherman Zombie, Imp Porter, Arcade Zombie, and Hair Metal Gargantuar are the only zombies that can damage Ghost Pepper.
- With the 4.1.1 version, it (along with Octo Zombie and its other variants) now have a unique burned and zapped animation.
- It can only have one or two ice blocks in Modern Day and Piñata Party.
- In the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, does not make any sounds when pushing ice blocks.
- It is called "Troglobite Zombie" in the Travel Log quest.
- It is voiced by Chris Sampson according to the credits.
- Additionally, its voice is also for the Arcade Zombie and the Jurassic Bully. Although, the farmer's voice is a bit higher possibly due to its age.