- For other uses, see Yeti.
Treasure Yeti is a bonus boss zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Its appearance is similar to the Yeti Zombie. However, it wears a black eye-mask, a crown, large necklaces with a star and the word "BLING" on it, and carries a bag with coins and diamonds behind it. It does not try to attack the player; instead it flees when the player approaches. Treasure Yetis drop coins when attacked, and will provide a large amount of coins when vanquished. They would burrow away if it stays alive for a certain amount of time.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Treasure Yeti was introduced in the Suburbination DLC, and appears in Garden Ops in the special objective "Vanquish the Treasure Yeti." If it appears, it will be the only zombie in the wave, however, as it runs, it can summon Yeti Imps and Exploding Imps, which can cause trouble. Though it doesn't attack directly, it can freeze the player with ice blast if the player gets too close. It drops coins when attacked, and stronger attacks yield more coins. The Player has 1 minute to find it, and 2 minutes to vanquish it. If not vanquished in time, it digs into the ground and escapes.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Treasure Yeti once again appears in Garden Ops as a bonus boss and still possess its traits from the previous game. It can also appear in the Backyard Battleground with the same behavior, but do not summon any Imps there.
- Knockback was being unintentionally dispelled causing Treasure Yetis to be cornered easily (Added knockback).
It is best to let two members of your team focus on the Yeti while you and the other member of your team defend the other zombies from the garden. If all of your teammates are chasing the Yeti, you should not get super greedy. Zombies will still attack the garden so you must go to the garden and try to defend it.
- The music that plays when chasing the Treasure Yeti is a remixed version of In the Hall of the Mountain King.
- It is also a robot, as he explodes after being vanquished and drops coins.
- If a Chomper uses Burrow and tries to eat him, he will give a lot of coins even though he does not deal any damage at all.
- If the player did not vanquish him in time, it will burrow underground and escape.
- There are two achievements based on this zombie, Treasure Hunt and Treasure Chest.
- Coincidentally, both of these achievements start with the word 'Treasure'.
- It can appear in in most areas of the Backyard Battleground, along with Marigold.
- If the player looks closely, they can see golf clubs, a large crown, and lots of money in his bag.