Trash can is a shield used by Trash Can Zombie in the console editions of Plants vs. Zombies and the Trash Can Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. It contains a large amount of trash. It is very strong and takes a while to be destroyed. It can be taken away by the Magnet-shroom. It is also immune to the splash damage of peas lit up by Torchwoods as well as frozen peas.
It absorbs 40 normal damage shots changes its appearance upon absorbing 14 and 27 normal damage shots before disappering after 40 normal damage shots.
The trash can is very strong and the zombie that holds it is not affected by frozen peas or fire peas' splash damages. You can steal it with a Magnet-shroom or use Spikeweeds and Spikerock to hurt the zombie and bypass the trash can. You can also use Winter Melons and Melon-pults to freeze the zombie that holds it.
- For more strategies, see Trash Can Zombie.
- For more trivia, see Trash Can Zombie.
- The trash can held by the Trash Can Zombie in the Nintendo DS version has a thicker border.
- The same trash can is used to hold the player's pile of dead zombies in the Xbox Live Arcade and iOS leaderboards.
- On a Gargantuar's back, a similar trash can is used to carry an Imp.
- The trash can reappears in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 as decorations on some of the maps and Backyard Battleground.
- †: Metallic