Trash Can Zombie is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. He costs 3 to play, and has 2/3. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability shields him for the turn he is revealed.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: Professional Barrel Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: This can't be hurt this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
It's dark and quiet in there. He finds it soothing. That's what no one gets.
- ▼ Strength change: 3 → 2
- ▲ Health change: 2 → 3
- ▲ Tribe change: Garbage → Professional
Since Trash Can Zombie is invulnerable to all attacks when revealed, you should play him either in front of a plant to stall a turn while damaging that plant further or any empty lane to hit your opponent for 2 damage.
Additionally, he can take out most weak plants, so using him to guarantee a kill can be useful. If plants like Wild Berry and Carrotillery are threats to you, you can use Trash Can Zombie to block their attacks and subsequently destroy them. Trash Can Zombie can also be a good counter to Re-Peat Moss, as Trash Can Zombie has the Gravestone trait, and combined with his ability, he can block Re-Peat Moss for an entire turn. However, Grass Knuckles can play Grave Buster and Gardening Gloves, while Green Shadow can play Grave Mistake, so beware of these cards.
As of update 1.22.12, this zombie now is in the professional tribe, meaning he can synergize with Zombie Middle Manager. However, since Zombie Middle Manager's ability mainly revolves around other professional zombies taking damage, Trash Can Zombie can only active Zombie Middle Manager's ability after the turn he is played.
As for Trash Can Zombie himself, he is vulnerable to instant-kill tricks like Squash, Lawnmower, and Whack-a-Zombie, and stat-lowering tricks like Weed Whack (which turns Trash Can Zombie into a useless 1-health wall), but only after the Fight! phase if In-Crypted was not used. Briar Rose, Chomper, and Winter Squash's abilities can destroy Trash Can Zombie as well, so do not rely on Trash Can Zombie when trying to destroy them. Grave Buster also poses a threat to Trash Can Zombie, as it is the only card that can destroy it on the same turn the latter is played.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Trash Can Zombie (PvZH).
- There is a glitch where if Trash Can Zombie is Bounced while in his gravestone by Grave Mistake, its cost will be shown as a grayed-out square in the player's hand.
- He is mentioned in Interdimensional Zombie's description.
- He, Screen Door Zombie, Zombie Coach, and Zombot Battlecruiser 5000 are the only zombies that shield zombies.
- Coincidentally, they are all from the Hearty class.