The Toxic Chomper is, well.... Toxic! He enjoys getting in close to Zombies and damaging them with his toxic aura.
Toxic Chomper deals toxic damage to Zombies just by standing next to them!
Toxic Chomper replaces the normal Chomp ability with Toxic Spray, and can spew out poison from its mouth. He can affect multiple targets directly in front of it as long as it is activated. The toxic damage is 6 continuously, not as much as a regular chomp, but it has the advantage of affecting a large area and damage-over-time effect. The Toxic Spray damage is not very effective against objects such as tombstones and teleporters. Spraying for too long will result in a sizzle sound, and Toxic Chomper will be forced to wait while it reloads more spray.
Toxic Chomper also gives off a toxic aura that poisons enemies very minimally when in close vicinity to Toxic Chomper. This, however, can alert the enemy of his presence, who might or might not see him coming.
Toxic Spray is the primary weapon of Toxic Chomper. It is a spray weapon, meaning it shoots a stream of player-damaging particles when fired. It deals less damage than the default Chomp but can affect multiple targets, deals damage over a wide area and has a longer range.
Goop is Chompers' only "ranged" attack, purple goo is spit out. If an enemy is directly hit, they will take light amounts of damage over time, obtain lower speed (including turning around), and preventing the use of their abilities, making the zombie an easy target to chomp.
Burrow allows the Chomper burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly or to ambush zombies. Can easily be countered by Engineer's Sonic Grenade. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Not moving will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. The player may remain motionless once activating Burrow for approximately 15 seconds before being forced back to the surface.
Chomper deploys a Spikeweed, which snare zombies that step on it, making it defenseless from its adversaries and hung upside-down (deals 25x2 damage) for a short period of time or until being vanquished. Any zombies using improvised armor will have their armor destroyed by being caught in a Spikeweed, leaving them vulnerable. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies. The player can have three Spikeweeds.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop renders an enemy zombie unable to move, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is twice of the normal goop and its damage is halved.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is just like Burrow, but faster and leaves the player underground with a shorter time.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Vampweed doesn't deal any damage, but it will heal you a total of 40 hp (10x4 hp) and still snaring zombies. Like the Spiky Spikeweed, only 2 can be stockpiled at a time.
An alternate ability of Goop, the Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather launches a projectile from the Chomper's mouth after a second that deals a great amount of damage if it hits a zombie. This is useful for attacking Zombies on the rooftops.
Toxic sneakers of +3 movement speed.
Acidic Stomach Acid
Very toxic stomach acids break down Zombies in a hurry.
Chemical Hardened Skin
Health boosted through special skin hardening toxins.
In Garden Warfare, in order to unlock this variant, the player must reach rank 10 with the Chomper class. They need to do this by completing challenges with the Chomper and any of its variants. The player earns a character piece for each rank you level up starting at level 6 all the way to level 10. However, if the player does not have Garden Warfare, they can unlock this Chomper by opening Fertilizer Fun Packs, they will eventually unlock the 5 stickers required to unlock this variant. if the player did play Garden Warfare, the amount of stickers needed will depend on the level the player reached with the Chomper. If they reached level 8 with any Chomper, the amount of stickers needed in Garden Warfare 2 will be 2.
- ▲ Digestion time was decreased after a chomp escape (i.e. victim got away using anti-chomp ability like Jackhammer).
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters.
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to that in Garden Warfare.
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- So far as of now he is the only character which can sometimes cause the Vanquish Feed to say ([player] Vanquished [player]) when he vanquishes an enemy with just his Toxic Spray, not the Chomp, instead of it saying ([player] [Toxic Spray] [player]). Some other characters used to this just as Engineer and Cactus vanquishing enemies with their drones but the glitch was (for their part) patched in an update.
- However, the aforementioned Vanquish Feed error appears very rarely.
- Before, Fire Chomper could also do it. He and Toxic Chomper could both it do almost anytime when vanquishing zombies with their primary weapon without swallowing them. However, when this happened, the primary weapon name did not show up under the tombstone text "WITH THE".
- His appearance has been redesigned in Garden Warfare 2. The rest of its body, mainly his stem, is now completely green.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC, he no longer gives off a toxic aura when burrowed.